The Raven Haired Boy

"Oh yeah?" Killua scoffs. "You don't know me. Give me one reason. One reason I should continue this pathetic existence."

Gon pauses, thinking. Killua scoffs again, turning back to the rail that separates him from the 100-foot plunge. "I can't think of anything..." Gon says.

"That's what I thought." Killua hoists himself over the rail. "Thanks for trying though. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me."

Just as he's about to jump, Gon pulls him down once again.

"Okay what the hell??!" Killua's irritated now.

"Me!"

Killua blinks. "What?"

"The one reason for you to keep living." Gon says again, grinning. "Me!"

Killua blushes. "What the hell? We don't even know eachother."

"Then let's get to know eachother." Gon says. "Let me convince you to keep on living!"

Killua pauses. There's no way he's dying today, Gon will make sure of it. Killua sighs in defeat. "Fine."

Gon's grin widens. "Great!"

Killua scoffs. Who the hell is this boy?

-Reason #1: The Raven Haired Boy-

Killua gets home. He heads to his room immediately. He doesn't want to face any of his family. He reaches into one of the drawers in his dresser and pulls out a pocket knife. He presses it to his already scarred wrist. He had been doing it wrong this whole time, but he finally figured out the right way to do it. To guarantee death.

But he stops.

"The one reason for you to keep living, Me! Let's get to know eachother. Let me convince you to keep on living!"

Killua scoffs. He can't already be suddenly not suicidal anymore just because of the grin of one boy that was practically a stranger. He puts the blade away, and falls face-first on his bed.

He thinks of Gon's smile. The fact that a total stranger wants to go through all this trouble just so he doesn't throw away his godforsaken life. The feeling of Gon's arms around him.

Killua smiles to himself. He hasn't smiled in so long. For once, he looks forward to the possibilities that the word 'tomorrow' holds.

Such a seemingly small action Gon took affected Killua enough to prolong his life by another day.

No one has ever cared about him like that. Of course, his family wants him to live. But only because of with Killua can do for them. Their 'love' is what got Killua down this road in the first place. Everything else just added to it.

Killua fades into sleep, with hope for tomorrow.

- The Next Day -

(Killua's POV)

I'm walking to school when someone comes up behind me. Instinctively, I turn around ready to jab them straight in the throat. But it's Gon.

"Woah Woah Woah!" Gon chuckles nervously.

I blush. "S-sorry."

"It's no problem." Gon smiles. "I didn't know you walk to school."

"Yeah. Same."

"Do you always take this route?"

"Mhm."

"Wow!" Gon exclaims. "Me too! I never noticed." He chuckles. "But hey! That means we can walk to school together from now on."

I look at him, he's so... happy. All the time. I can't fathom it. He's like this shining light in the darkness that shrouds me.

"Y'know..." Gon starts. "I was kinda worried."

"Hm?"

"Well.. when we went our separate ways I kept freaking out about you going home and... well..." Gon doesn't say it, but I know what he means.

"I almost did." I tell him the truth. His eyes widen and he looks at me with worry and concern. That look is a guilty pleasure of mine. It means someone cares. "But I didn't."

Gon hesitates. "Why?"

I smile at him, genuine. "Because of you." I blush.

Gon stares at me for a moment. Crap- was that too-

"Really?" Gon smiles slightly. "Because of me?" I nod at him. He grins widely, and grabs me. I tense up. He pulls me into a hug and I relax. "That's great!"

(Gon's POV)

I helped Killua continue living. Even if it's just one day. All I have to do is do it everyday. And I'm fully prepared to do just that. I'll make him see that someone cares. That he's worth being kept alive. Everyday, I'll make sure he knows that there's a reason to live.

A/N: This is pretty short, I know. Future chapters are longer I promise. I've already written the first sixteen chapters.

So this is my third story that I'm publishing. The next chapter will be published tomorrow and the third chapter the day after that. After the first three chapters I'm going to update once or twice a week.

Thank you for reading!