PTSD

⚠️
TW:
PTSD
Anxiety
Depression
Mental Breakdown

Gon bolts upright in bed. Hand outstretched, reaching for someone that can no longer be held. He hugs his knees to his chest, sobbing.

Mito knocks on the door as she walks in. "Hun, what's wrong?"

Gon sniffles, looking up to smile at her. "Oh it's nothing. Don't worry about me. What are you still doing up?"

Mito rolls her eyes, knowing full well that he's lying, and walks to his bed to sit at his side. "Dr. Hartz called."

Gon sighs. "S-sorry. I forgot."

"You've been seeing Dr. Hartz for three years, every week. You didn't just forget." Mito crosses her arms.

"I spent the day with Killua."

Mito sighs. "Okay. Just let Dr. Hartz know. She was worried. Especially since... it's almost January."

Gon nods. "Mhm."

"So, why were you crying just now?"

"Like you said.... It's almost January."

.
.
.

"Waaaaaah!" Killua's eyes light up when he sees the carnival. Gon smiles when Killua does.

"Oh, Killua, over there!" Gon points to the main Theme Park. Killua grins, following Gon. They get their wristbands and head into the Theme Park.

"Gon, let's go there!" Killua points at a rollercoaster. Gon smiles, following him.

Once they're in their seats, towards the middle, the ride starts.

They have a blast, and it's already afternoon before long. Killua's dragged Gon to at least half the rides. As they're passing another, Killua wants to try it.

"What's this?" He asks.

The operator looks up at him. "Well, you strap in, we raise you up 200 feet, and then you drop straight down insanely fast."

Gon's eyes widen. He can't get on that.

"Hm..." Killua thinks for a moment. "Wanna try it, Gon?"

Gon chuckles. "Uhm, no. I'm not too good with heights."

Killua shrugs. "Alright. I'll try it alone, then." He nods at the operator, who lets him in. Several others follow inside, getting strapped in.

The platform starts raising, as well as Gon's heartbeat. His hands shake as he watches Killua get higher and higher.

"Oh my god!"
"Mommy why is that man standing on top of that building?"
"Someone call 911!"
"He's gonna jump!"
"There's a jumper!"
"5th Avenue across Quaker street! There's a jumper on the Hilander building! Hurry he-"
"He's falling!"
"Holy- sweetie don't look!"
"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"
"He's dead! Oh my god!"
"Kite!!!"

Gon's heart drops when the ride does, a scream rising in his throat but he barely manages to suppress it. Trapping the scream in his throat, he can't breathe. Killua gets unstrapped and he's clearly okay, with a grin plastered on his features. But that doesn't subside what's rushing throughout Gon. Sweat glistens across his forehead and he's trying his best not to hyperventilate. His wrists itch.

"Geez- that was a thriller." Killua laughs. "Where to nex- Gon? Are you okay?"

Gon grins. "Yeah I'm good. Want to take a break and get lunch?"