Dreaming For Once

Gon's made every effort there is to be close to Killua, to get to know him. And he continues to every chance he gets. Killua thinks he's going a bit overboard, but that's not to say he doesn't like it.

"Oh, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream?" Gon asks.

"..." Killua pauses, thinking his taste is too cliche. "Vanilla."

Gon pauses. "Huh." He shrugs. "Nice, every single store or ice cream truck definitely has it, so you never have to worry about them not having it!"

Killua looks at Gon weirdly. "I guess?"

"My favorite is mint chocolate chip." Gon informs him. "Do you want to get ice cream after school today?"

Killua thinks for a moment. His mother wouldn't like it if he did. But he was going to kill himself just a few days ago, does it really matter what she thinks? What's the worst she could do that he hasn't done to himself?

Killua grins. "Sounds great."

Gon's eyes widen. He'd never seen Killua smile. His grin was confident, assertive, and attractive. Gon loves it, and wishes to see all the different types of smiles Killua is capable of.

"Awesome!" Gon grins.

-After School-

Gon and Killua sit at a water fountain in a park, eating their ice cream. It's quiet. The water trickles behind them, the leaves of the trees rustle lightly, the birds chirp, and some kids play a ways away.

Killua sneaks glances at Gon, wondering what's on his mind. Gon's not usually quiet, and his facial expression is that of someone who's in deep thought.

"Ah." Gon says, snapping Killua out of a trance he didn't know he was in. "You've got ice cream on the side of your lips. Right here."

Gon points to his own lips. Killua moves his tongue around, trying to find it.

"No no, not there." Gon giggles. He takes his thumb and brushes it against Killua's lip. Gon licks the ice cream off of his thumb. "There you go."

Killua blushes. "Uh- thanks."

Gon grins. "Yup, no problem."

Killua hesitates. "Uhm, Gon?"

"Yeah?" Gon answers almost too quickly.

"Are you and Retz... a thing??"

Gon's lips form a tight line. "That's, uh... complicated. She certainly thinks we are, at least." He sighs.

Killua hopes she's the only one. "And you?"

"Haha..." Gon laughs nervously. "I don't... Uhm... I'm not exactly... heh... well... how do I say this..."

Killua raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, no. I'm not interested in her that way... Uhm... but, well... haha..." Gon stutters. "I-I-I-I-I don't swing that way."

Killua blinks. And then blinks again. Did he hear that correctly? Is Gon gay? No way...

Gon takes in a deep breath and exhales. "Whew! You're actually the first person I've told that to! Hahaha! Haha..."

Killua can't believe his luck.

"Killua? You okay?"

Gon's close proximity snaps Killua out of it. "Y-yeah! I'm fine!"

"Ha, you had me worried there, haha..." Gon rubs the back of his neck. "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"No! You didn't- not at all!" Killua panics.

Gon chuckles. "That's good to know."

- Later -

Killua gets an earful from his mother when he returns home, and is confined to his room. Doesn't matter, I would have stayed in here all day anyways. He lays in bed, turning over.

Closing his eyes, he drifts into sleep.

.

Killua hears something next to him, and turns his head to see Gon laying next to him. Gon's going off about something, laughing and smiling as he always does. Killua can't understand a word he's saying, but he doesn't have to. All he needs is to see Gon's smile.

Gon turns to him, a big grin plastered on his face. He continues talking. Killua smiles, nodding as if he could hear the words coming out of Gon's mouth. Gon starts giggling about something, making Killua giggle in return.

Gon stops talking, and just looks at Killua. Smiling as always. Their faces are a mere inch apart.

Killua's heart skips a beat or two.

Gon's innocent smile turns into a grin after he kisses Killua lightly on the nose. Killua's eyes widen, and he covers his face as it flushes red. Gon laughs, obviously teasing Killua even though Killua can't hear what he's saying.

Gon tackles Killua, tickling him. Killua squirms and kicks, cracking up and trying to escape. Gon giggles, not letting him go anywhere.

They end up in a very compromising position. They're face to face. Killua's leg is hoisted up on Gon's shoulder, he had tried to kick Gon before in the face but Gon caught his leg and held it prisoner. Gon's on top of Killua. They're both still laughing and neither has noticed the position they're in.

Killua's the first to realize. His face flushes bright red, making Gon raise his eyebrow. Then Gon understands. But he doesn't make any effort to change their position.

He just smirks.

Gon slides Killua's leg down to rest in the crook of his elbow, and bends down to kiss Killua. On the lips this time.

Killua squeaks, but doesn't push him away. In fact, he kisses back. Killua wraps his arms around Gon's neck and closes his eyes, relishing in the sweet kiss.

.

The following was so shocking that it wakes Killua up from the crazy dream. Well, wet dream to be precise.

Killua cups his face in his hands, not believing what just went through his mind. And not because it was a wet dream.

Because it was a dream.

Killua had never dreamt before.

Of anything.

Reason #3: Dreams