Sneaky

Killua hunches over, panting and out of breath after running to Kalluto's school with Gon. Gon exhales deeply and wipes some sweat from his brow. Then he sees something and tackles Killua into some bushes.

"Gon what the-"

"SSHH!!"

Killua frowns, but follows Gon's gaze through the bushes. He sees a Zoldyck Limousine pull in front of the school gates. "Oh." He whispers.

A butler opens the door for Kalluto to get out. Once the young man has his bags and steps through the gates, the limo leaves. Gon and Killua sigh and rise from the bushes.

Kalluto jumps into a roundhouse kick out of surprise from the suspicious movement. Killua quickly ducks and Gon blocks the kick.

"Gon?! Killu-nii!" Kalluto lowers his leg. "You're okay!"

Killua grins. Kalluto wraps Killua up in a big hug. "Yeah. I'm okay. I need to talk to you though. Gon, you okay staying here for a bit?"

"Yeah." Gon smiles at his boyfriend. Killua mouths a thank you and goes off somewhere secluded with Kalluto.

When they're alone, Kalluto speaks up. "So, are you really alright? Where've you been?"

"I've been staying somewhere safe, don't worry. You understand why I can't tell you where, right?" Killua asks. Kalluto nods. "I got the tracking device removed."

Kalluto's eyes light up. "Really? No wonder mother has been so pissed. I'm glad."

"Listen, I just wanted to make sure you knew I'm alright. Over the past couple of weeks we've gotten a lot closer and I don't want to lose that. I don't want to lose you." Killua looks at Kalluto with a sad smile.

Kalluto grins. "I'm relieved to hear that. I've always looked up to you, so I'm glad that you care about me that much."

Killua nods. "When I'm older, and get my own place, I'll get you out of that hell hole. I promise you that."

Kalluto waves his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about it. You can take your time. I'm on mother's good side. She thinks I'm her perfect little angel so she's nice to me. I'm in no danger unlike you."

Killua sighs. "Yeah. But that family of ours isn't healthy. The longer you're with them the more you'll break. Whether it be suddenly or gradually."

Kalluto shrugs, watching a butterfly sip nectar from an orchid. "Well, regardless, I'm glad you came to visit. I was really worried when you disappeared from the hospital."

"Sorry about that."

"Don't be." Kalluto grins, changing topics. "So, I noticed you and Gon have gotten closer~"

Killua blushes, turning his attention to his own shoelaces. "Y-you could say that..."

"Oh yeah?"

"Well... he asked me out."

"What?!" Kalluto's eyes widen, and he slaps Killua across the back with a wide grin. "Congratulations, Killu-niichan!"

Killua grins, and looks back up at him. "Thanks. Now what about you? Anything new in your love life?"

Kalluto thinks for a moment, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks. "W-well... there's this classmate of mine... They're really great. They're bullied for their gender identity and sexual orientation a lot and they always hide somewhere during lunch and breaks because of it. So we don't interact much... but..."

Killua raises an eyebrow, grinning ear to ear. "Go on."

"Well I was in the library one day and they were there, reading. One of my favorite books. You know, 'One of Us is Lying'. I struck up a conversation, and even got their number. So we sometimes hang at the library. Since it's the only place I can go on my own."

"Nice going, stud!" Killua punches Kalluto in the shoulder playfully. Kalluto smiles sheepishly, rubbing his shoulder.

Gon sits on a bench near the bushes, swinging his legs. That's when he sees a sparkle somewhere down the road. The limo is coming back. Gon panics, throwing his hood up and going to find Killua.

He looks left and right frantically. Gon finds them, runs up and taps on Killua's shoulder. Killua swerves around, ready to sock him in the face. But he calms down when he sees that it's Gon.

"Geezus. What the hell Gon? You gave me a heart attack." Killua huffs, glaring slightly but not seriously.

"Sorry. The limo is back." Gon tells him hurriedly. Killua's eyes widen and he pulls his own hood on.

"Shit." He mutters. "Kalluto, act like you hardly know us."

Kalluto nods, and they walk away from eachother. Gon and Killua put sunglasses on and sit at a bench, acting as if they're on their phones. Kalluto walks up to the entrance, and stops to talk to a female classmate of his.

The limo pulls up and Gotoh gets out. He walks towards Kalluto, who meets him half way.

"What's up?" Kalluto asks.

Gotoh bows his head. "Pardon me, young master Kalluto. I was hoping you'd relay a message."

Kalluto's ears perk up. "To who?"

"Your brother. Master Killua."

Kalluto narrows his eyes, his stance shifting slightly to be more protective. "What is it?"

"Please tell him not to come back." Gotoh asks of him. "If he does, I fear that the treatment he will endure will break him to the point of no longer being human."

"Mother is that angry?" Kalluto sucks in a breath.

"Your father isn't too peachy either." Gotoh sighs. "I and the other butlers only want what's best for him. Please convey this to him."

Kalluto nods. "I will if I ever see him."

Gotoh smiles, fully aware that Killua is in the vicinity. But he says nothing of it. He turns around to go back to the limousine. "Farewell, Master Kalluto. Have a good day at school."

"See you later Gotoh." Kalluto smiles and waves as the limo leaves.

He sighs when they're no longer in sight. Gon and Killua walk back over to Kalluto. "Well. We should probably get going." Killua shrugs.

Kalluto grins. "Yeah. It was nice seeing you. We should go to the library after school some day."

"That way you can introduce me to the cutie you've been crushing on~" Killua snickers, teasing his little brother. Kalluto flushes bright pink.

"Ye-Yeah." Kalluto kicks a little rock away with his foot.

"Well, see ya later Kalluto!" Gon waves as they begin to walk away.

"Yeah! Take care of Killu-niichan!"

Reason #16: Family