Sketchy

"I'm sorry."

"Gon, no!!! Please- don't leave me!!"
__________

Killua screams, bolting upward in his bed. Another nightmare. Kurapika, a light sleeper, hurries into Killua's room to check on him.

"What happened? Are you okay??" Kurapika sits on Killua's bed, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Killua nods, shaking. "Y-yeah don't worry about it. Just a nightmare. It's normal."

Kurapika sighs. "Gon told me about your regular nightmares. It's not normal for someone to have such livid, terrifying nightmares every single night. Nor is it healthy."

Killua says nothing.

"What happened?"

Killua bites his lip. "I-I said don't worry about it."

"Killua. You can't keep going like this alone." Kurapika moves closer. "Maybe, letting someone in, will help relieve the burden."

Killua sighs shakily. "Every nightmare... has a similar theme. In every single one, I lose him. One way or another." His head falls down, bangs shading his eyes.

"And what about this time?"

Killua's teeth grind, and he leaps to Kurapika, hugging him. Sobbing. "He- he just- *hic* he promised... he promised... but he- he- still-"

Kurapika wraps his arms around Killua lovingly, soothing him. Rubbing small circles into his back. "Shhh... it's okay, it's okay. You don't have to continue."

Killua nods, holding on tight.

.
.
.

It's been a couple weeks now, since those two talked, and Killua hasn't had a serious nightmare since. He'd have an occasional nightmare, but it was nothing compared to the ones he had before.

"Gon." Killua opens the front door to be greeted by the image of his boyfriend. "H-hi."

Gon grins. "Heya. Can I come in?"

Killua nods, stepping away from the door. "You know you don't even have to ask. You have a spare key for a reason."

"Well, that and I can't count the number of times Kurapika had locked himself out of his apartment with the keys inside. Or lost them." Gon chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Badmouthing me behind my back. Wow Gon." Kurapika grins, leaning on the archway that leads to their kitchen. "I'm hurt."

"Oya Pika." Gon smiles. "I wasn't badmouthing you. I was only saying the truth."

Kurapika rolls his eyes. "Whatevs. So. Are you stealing my child again?"

"Aren't I your child, too?" Gon pouts. "You talk as if I'm an outsider to our makeshift family."

"This one takes priority." Kurapika huffs. "Where are you guys going?"

"No clue." Gon and Killua say at the same time.

"Uh..." Killua raises an eyebrow at Gon. "You said you had the whole day planned?"

"Uh-huh." Gon nods. "We're going wherever the fuck our feet take us. Doesn't matter where."

Kurapika clicks his tongue. "Alright. But check in with me by eight. Let me know if you're staying somewhere or if Killua's coming back tonight."

Killua rolls his eyes, grabbing his jacket and linking his fingers with Gon's. "See ya later, mamapika."

They leave the apartment complex. "How've you been doing, here?" Gon asks.

Killua smiles softly. "I've been doing pretty great, actually. Kurapika and I get along pretty damn well."