Chapter 32 - On The Same Plane

A/N: Let's keep it going shall we? The train must keep rolling.

SomeVoices: The only real issue that Ahsoka had with telling Rex who Anakin was married to was because he was still with the Republic. That's not an issue anymore, so I don't really see why it would be a problem. Plus at this point, I doubt he gives two shits about who knows about him being married to Padme. Except the Separatists, which could put her in danger.

"Are you going to do it?" Rex questioned.

"That's the part that annoys me. I really don't know," Anakin said, rubbing his forehead. It was now they found Anakin had somehow been pardoned for that whole business with Fives, and they were asking him to come in. There was a bright side, because they could go back to Coruscant and other Republic heavy areas freely without being hounded by clones. He could always deny the request as they had already pardoned him, and it was completely optional, but... something about the whole situation made him want to think it over.

"I say don't. The both of us have already given the Jedi enough of our time. Why listen to what they have to say now?" Ahsoka said, sounding completely adamant.

"People change their tunes when different events come to light. Maybe this is one of those times," Beru supplied, making Anakin and Ahsoka snort in disbelief.

"Doubtful. Possible, but doubtful," Anakin said.

"What's Coruscant like?" Owen asked.

"The whole planet is basically a gigantic city. The main way to get places is through hovercars," Anakin told him.

"Doesn't sound like it's for me," Owen said.

"I do like Alderaan better," Beru said.

"Same," Ahsoka said.

"It's not really about the Jedi. It's about the other stuff," Anakin said, looking to the side. "I'll think about it for a while before making a decision."

Ahsoka looked at Anakin incredulously even as the man rubbed his forehead with his eyes closed, the annoyance of the decision showing on his face. She started to really understand him more with all of this time away from the Jedi, and she was afraid going back would completely cut him off again. In less than a month away from the Jedi, she started to learn more about him personally than years of being his Padawan. The idea scared her that this could all be for nothing. That these feelings for him...

Ahsoka closed her eyes and tried to relax herself. She was overthinking this whole thing. There was a big chance that Anakin wouldn't even give them the light of day. But with this, Anakin could go back and live with his wife and... Force, that not sit right with her. Anakin looked towards her, his expression worried slightly.

"You alright? I know you left the Jedi for a reason..."

"I'm fine. I'm not going back to them, nor will I ever after they proved how unhelpful they were. I just don't understand why you would after everything you said about them. Hell, after everything they've done," Ahsoka said, staring at the man.

"Two reasons. As much as I hate to admit it, the Jedi would be my best chance to help finish this war. I don't like the idea of being under their thumb again, but it would be nice to finish this war so people can live in peace. And then there's a chance to truly explain things to Obi-Wan. Something I didn't really get a chance to do before I left. I just didn't think he'd understand, and even now, I still have my doubts. But at least I have a chance," Anakin explained.

"You don't have to explain anything," Ahsoka told him, but Anakin shook his head.

"No, I do. At least to him. Because excluding Master Plo, he is the only person in that temple left that I still give two credits about," he said, unconsciously raising his finger as a way to emphasize his point. Then he turned towards his bedroom door. "I need to think about this for a few minutes. Give me a few minutes."