Chapter 7 - Old Habits Die Hard

A/N: Haven't updated in forever, but we're back. Been having too much fun with my new PS4. lol.

"Has he arrived on Naboo?" Obi-Wan asked the soldier.

"Yes sir. I made contact with the soldiers that are in charge of the Queen's security. He made a stop there to greet the new queen, and she promised to take care of him for the duration of his stay there," the clone said, making Obi-Wan nod his approval.

"Thank you for the news soldier. As you were," he said.

"Yes sir," the clone said, saluting and going back to his business. They were talking just outside the council chambers, which Obi-Wan immediately went back in to talk to the council members.

"He is there. We received confirmation from the Queen. Now there is another matter you wished to discuss?" Obi-Wan said.

"Yes. We're rather... concerned about Skywalker's behavior. As evidenced by his last discussion with us, he seems to be losing more and more faith in us. That of course may lead to... concerning behavior," Windu said, putting awkward pauses in as if selectively choosing his words.

"Concerning how?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"Rebellion against us. Something we do not need in the times of war. I do not see him turning to the Dark Side..." Ki Adi Mundi said, which made even composed Mace Windu almost raise an eyebrow at. "...I do see him perhaps doing things against our code. Like the attachment he may or may not have formed with his Padawan and/or with you." Obi-Wan frowned at this. He wasn't ignorant of the closeness he shared with his Padawan. That sort of closeness was reminiscent of Anakin's early stages as a Padawan before he had to... wander as to get more training. Perhaps closer.

"Your concerns are... valid," Obi-Wan said, hating the fact that the Council may have been right. Obi-Wan even suspected a small connection between him and Senator Amidala, but he had nothing to confirm his suspicions.

"You seem unsure Master Kenobi," Shaak Ti said.

"Not unsure. Just... what does this mean for him?" Obi-Wan asked.

"When he returns, I suggest Skywalker gets a new apprentice. One more for him to keep an eye on him rather than for him to train. We don't really need a repeat of Tano," Windu said, making Plo Koon furrow his eyebrows if he had any as well as his face to line in the closest to a frown as he could get with no mouth.

"You do realize that he may not accept," Obi-Wan said.

"Out of his hands, this is," Yoda said.

"You're going to force him?" Obi-Wan questioned. All of the masters except for Plo Koon had a look of neutrality, who was still frowning. Obi-Wan frowned as well. It was all he could do to stop himself from shaking his head in disgust. "Very well. I'll relay the news to him when he returns." Obi-Wan accelerated his pace slightly faster than normal so he could get out as fast as possible.

"Is it wise to force another apprentice on him after what happened with Ahsoka?" Plo Koon questioned.

"A logical decision it is. Through taking care of another, find a new purpose and usefulness, Skywalker will," Yoda told him.

"It also lessens the risk of him losing himself. Like Obi-Wan told us, his mind seems particularly... devoid of all compassion. Better to keep his old habits than the ones he is developing. Though it will be a few more days until Skywalker returns so that we may employ this," Ki Aid Mundi said. Plo Koon kept his silence as he knew there was no changing the Council's decision on the situation, but he disagreed with it. It happened very little, but there were moments where he disagreed immensely. This was one of those moments.