Chapter 34 - Arrangements

A/N: I keep updating this story because this is the one that I really care about updating at the moment. Normally ideas don't take that long to come to me. It's avoiding trying to stall everything that I need to work on. In any case, let's keep going.

"Will they be fine left there?" Rex asked.

"We've left no trail. We haven't told them where we were going, and I made sure the Eclipse wasn't tracked. Question is, are you fine to take on what we're dong here?" Anakin asked. He put the ship in autopilot before turning around to face him. "I know it was short notice. I just hope I didn't ask you to rashly make a decision."

"I had plenty of time to think it over, and it does have some merits. I do think the modulator is for the best, so no one can easily identify that I'm a clone. I'm just glad the armor fits," Rex said with a small smile.

"It was a bit of guesswork, so I'm glad I got it right. The equipment?" Anakin questioned.

"Much more than what I'm used to carrying. Now I've got a jetpack, flamethrower, wrist blasters, and grenades. Not to mention these things," Rex said, raising one of the pistols in his holsters. "WESTAR-34s."

"Figured you'd like those the most. They aren't your old pistols, but..."

"No. These are way more powerful. Good for taking out those bigger clankers, I suppose," Rex said, holstering the weapon as he looked at the helmet next to him. "Enough about me. Are you really sure about this?"

"Not really. That's why I'm doing it before I find an excuse to change my mind," Anakin said, making Rex grin.

"Sounds like you," he said before it faded. "And Ahsoka?"

"She's alright with the situation. Which is the most I could ask, honestly. Though that isn't saying much," Anakin said with a frown.

"Take the time to talk with her," Rex said.

"And we don't already talk plenty?" Anakin questioned.

"That's not what I mean. You've already established there's none of the old formalities between us, so I would rather be straight up with you. Have you noticed anything... different about Ahsoka?" Rex asked.

"Like what?" Anakin asked.

"I'm asking you personally. Do you see her any different than you have ever since you left the Jedi?" Rex asked. Anakin stared at the ex-clone, apprehension in his eyes. He talked like he... Anakin's eyes narrowed, and the sudden change unnerved Rex slightly.

"Do you know?" he asked.

"Depends on what you refer to. I want to know if we're on the same page," Rex asked, making Anakin sigh.

"In case this is different, don't judge me, alright?" he asked.

"I already have judged you. And you're a good person at heart. You've fought tooth and nail to defend people. That doesn't mean you're perfect," Rex assured him.

"You know about my problems with my marriage, right?" Anakin questioned, making Rex nod. "Well, part of that problem was... well, at least subliminally, I didn't care to resolve the problem. I didn't quite realize up until the other day."

"Have you figured out why?" Rex asked.

"I'm fairly certain it's because I..." Anakin groaned, and dug his nails into his palm. "...I somehow ended up falling for Ahsoka."

Anakin expected widened eyes or some form of expression of shock, or maybe even revulsion. There was none. The look in his friend's eyes told him that they were in fact on the same page, but he also seemed to approve. At least that's what he was getting from him.