Chapter 51 - Epilogue

A/N: Epilogue time!

Ahsoka had been Anakin's Padawan for quite some time. Never did she see herself in the position that she was in now. Helping younglings make their first steps into learning the ways of the Force. Once upon a time, that had been her with her eyes covered. And Master Plo was the one guiding her through the steps...

A sad smile momentarily flitted across the Togruta's face at the thought of the man. The man who was the closest thing to a father she ever had all her life. But she knew he would find the peace in death that he didn't find in this world's life.

"Master Tano! Where are you?" a voice cried out, and Ahsoka ruefully chuckled.

"Meanwhile, I'll have a long time before I find that kind of peace," she thought before speaking out loud. "You have to find your way to me, Sio."

"I can't! It's too dark!" the Youngling exclaimed, sounding scared.

"All of your other friends can do it. I know you can do it too," Ahsoka said kindly. "All you have to do is trust in your instincts. Trust in the Force."

Sio was one of her more interesting students. Such a kind boy, but his talent showed through his studious habits. He was smart, but he had yet to truly believe in Force. But when he did, Ahsoka knew he would be a talented Jedi.

"I can't..."

"Yes you can," Ahsoka interrupted firmly. "Just take a deep breath and focus. If you believe in the Force, it will guide you. It will aid all of those who believe in it. Do you believe, Sio?"

"I... I believe," Sio said with a small sniffle.

"Then prove it to me," Ahsoka said before going silent. Moments later, she smiled warmly when she a small Twi'Lek hugged her leg.

"It was so dark in there. I was lost and scared," Sio said, still hugging the woman's leg.

"Then you just proved that you can act despite your fear, which proves your courage. Courage is a good thing to have, Sio," Ahsoka said kindly.

"Were you ever scared, Master Tano?" Sio asked.

"Plenty of times. It used to always make me freeze up. But when I was assigned as Anakin's Padawan, I learned how to act despite my fear," Ahsoka told him.

"You trained under Master Skywalker?" Sio asked, his eyes widening.

Ahsoka couldn't help but chuckle despite herself. Here she was, giving words of wisdom to help him get past his insecurities, and the first thing he heard was that she used to be Anakin's student. And it wasn't the first time this happened.

"I was. And he taught me a lot. Just like the things I'm teaching you. How to have faith in yourself and the Force," Ahsoka told him.

"But I finished last," Sio said sadly.

"It doesn't matter. You still finished. It doesn't matter how fast you do it. As long as you did it. And that will always prove you have the gift of the Force within you," Ahsoka said with a smile.

"Does that mean I can go study?" Sio asked excitedly, and Ahsoka let out a loud laugh. This was easily the most studious Youngling she had ever seen. Something told her it was because people were allowed to have more of a personality around here.

"Yes, you can go study," Ahsoka said patiently, making Sio cheer as he ran out of the door. But he soon came back and gave Ahsoka a hug around her leg again.

"Thank you, Master Tano. For not giving up on me," Sio said.

"Sio, I don't plan on giving up on any of my students. Besides, don't tell anyone I said this..." Ahsoka whispered, a grin on her face. "...but you're one of my favorite students."