Chapter 43 - Beginning Of The End

"Grievous is on Utapau, huh?" Anakin said.

"It's what the Chancellor said. And given what happened on Nevlaan, there will be some level of accuracy to the statement. If he is, I'm definitely not going in short staffed," Obi-Wan said.

"You may need me on this one," Anakin told him.

"Oh, I agree. However, it may turn out just to be a wild bantha chase," Obi-Wan said, waving a dismissive arm.

"I can feel that this won't be. Just make sure to beat the crap out of the good General," Anakin said.

"My pleasure. And as for you while I'm gone?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Going to visit my step family. Ahsoka's already waiting for me at the ship," Anakin said before pausing slightly to gauge his reaction.

"Both of you have fun. And I mean that," Obi-Wan said honestly, making Anakin smile.

"Thanks. I'll stay in Alderaan for a few days. Don't even bother to contact me unless it involves our secret Sith Lord friend," Anakin said, running a hand through his hair distractedly. "Or you know, the Jedi Temple comes under siege or something. I guess I can spare time for that."

"Duly noted," Obi-Wan said dryly. "Once we take back the invaded planets, we should be back on top soon enough."

"Not sure if I'll stay in the Temple much longer after that," Anakin said. "A quiet life sounds very nice. You won't need my help to clean up everything else."

"Hopefully we'll all be able to relax far more when all is said and done," Obi-Wan said before smiling slightly. "And I meant what I said about the drinks."

"Good," Anakin said with a nod before walking to the door. But before he walked out, he stopped to look back at his old friend. "Obi-Wan, may the Force be with you."

"Goodbye my friend. May the Force be with you," Obi-Wan said with a smile and a nod.

Anakin walked towards the hangar, but on his way out, he ran into Windu. He seemed to be heading in his direction, so he obviously wanted to find him.

"I assume you want to talk to me," Anakin said.

"You are correct. I wanted to speak to you before you depart," Windu said. Then he lowered his voice, his eyebrows furrowed. "Have you sensed the upcoming darkness?" Anakin frowned as he gave Windu a short nod.

"Something's not right," he told the Jedi Master.

"No. It's not. Besides my doubts of the Chancellor and his emergency powers, this whole issue with the Separatists... I feel like we were allowed to find Grievous," Windu said.

"Even then, it's an opportunity we can't let slip through our fingers," Anakin told him.

"That I know. Just make sure to keep your eyes and senses open. I'll meditate on this. Even if our vision has been blocked because of the Dark Side, it never hurts to hope," Windu said, making Anakin sigh as he crossed his arms.

"Something will happen," he said, making Windu look at him.

"Do you know what?" Windu asked.

"No. Just that the Sith Lord will make his move soon," Anakin told him.

"How do you know?" Windu asked.

"There are these visions I've been receiving for the past few weeks. It involved an old man under a robe, and I have no doubt he was the one pulling Dooku's strings," Anakin told him.

"Why didn't you tell us this sooner?" Windu asked.

"Because I wanted to be absolutely sure," Anakin told him. It was a very small reason why, but it was a reason nonetheless. "The visions have never been as intense as they have been lately. The sense of foreboding I feel has reached new heights. I don't know what his plan is, but he's going to do it soon. Keep an eye out as much as possible."