Chapter 16 - The First Showdown

A/N: This is my last chapter for this story. Nah, I'm just kidding. lol. We're not even close to the end. I don't necessarily have it all planned out, but we'll definitely be here a while.

"Done with my portion. What about you?" Ahsoka said over the earpiece. Anakin opened his eyes, but the plant life and trees are around him were still hovering in midair.

"I'm finished," Anakin said simply.

"You ready to leave?" Ahsoka asked him.

"Yeah," Anakin said as he gently lowered the items he was lifting before standing to his feet. He was working more on how to use the ability to move objects without hand gestures as that would be useful in fights. Others skills such as energy absorption and even Force Lightning would have to be taken into account. He had no one who knew of the techniques that'd be willing to teach him considering his current situation, so he'd have to learn it himself. Lightning would be a useful thing against droids. Especially if he learned how to chain it to multiple objects.

His thoughts would be more useful during an opportunity where he actually had a chance to practice them. And that's exactly what he would do. But the simple matter of doing so would be difficult. Force Lightning wasn't necessarily a thing the Jedi taught you. Among other things that would make you more powerful as a Force wielder. The Sith likely knew, but he'd rather die than go to Dooku for anything. That was also a path he didn't want to travel.

Anakin suddenly stopped. He felt a shift in the Force. Something was coming his way. Something that did not bear good tidings. Whether Republic or Separatist, he didn't know. But him and Ahsoka needed to leave now. So he began to run.

"Ahsoka," he said over the comlink.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"We need to leave now. Something is heading our way. I'm heading towards the ship as fast as I can. I suggest you do the same," Anakin told her.

"I'll do that," Ahsoka said before they stopped the communication link. Shortly after, he heard the roar of a ship above his head. He increased the speed in his legs to try and quickly get to the ship.

When he stopped near the ship, Ahsoka wasn't there yet. With another look to the sky, the ship was nowhere to be found. So it had already landed. He couldn't figure out exactly where it had landed, but he would keep his eyes open. He just needed to figure out what was taking Ahsoka so long. The furthest outpost was a fair ways away, but still. With the arrival of a ship, whether Separatist or Republic, was worth getting out of here for since their job was already done.

"I saw the ship land and had to sneak around," Ahsoka said, quickly slowing herself down from her dash out of the forest. Or at least, a Felucian version of one. At least his question was answered. "Looks Separatist made."

"It's all the more reason why we should cloak the ship and get out of here," Anakin said.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you," General Grievous said, stomping towards them from a distance. His cybernetically enhanced ears were able to pick up their conversation even from such a distance. And behind him was a battalion of battle droids. Minus any tanks, because the plant life covered the area fairly thick. And unfortunately, droids didn't need to breath, so the toxic gases around them weren't doing anything to them. At the very least, there was plenty of space for a fight if needed.

"Grievous," Ahsoka said distastefully. The General's response was to laugh at the sight of the Togruta.

"Young Tano. And Anakin Skywalker," he said, his line of sight more fixed on the former Jedi Knight. "I was expecting someone of your reputation to be... older."