Chapter 11 - In The Underworld

Padme groaned as she turned on her side, hitting her alarm with all of the force that she could muster in her sleepy state. Anakin stayed over one time and did the same thing. She had to buy a new alarm clock. Speaking of Anakin, he was downstairs. He had arrived here last night tell her that he left the Jedi. She didn't know whether to smile or frown.

On one hand, she was overjoyed that she would be able to see Anakin a lot more often because he wasn't off fighting in a war or dealing with whatever droll task the Jedi had him doing.

But on the other hand, he left the Jedi. Not only did he leave the Jedi, but he, under all intents and purposes aided a criminal's agenda. At least from Obi-Wan's account of what a specific clone did. That made him sound like a criminal; a rogue. By assisting him, that made Anakin an accessory. There was more than likely no way to fix what he had done. It would take a lot of forgiveness for the Jedi to take Anakin back. And even then, Anakin likely didn't give two credits about their forgiveness.

She rolled out of her bed and began to start her day the way she usually did. She got up. Showered. Cleaned her teeth. Dressed. Fixed up her hair. Then she looked in the mirror for a few seconds before taking a deep breath. Sometimes going into the Senate was like trying to wade through a particularly murky patch of quagmire. Today was probably going to be one of those days. She sighed again and walked into the living room.

And looked upon an adorable sight.

Ahsoka had her hands tucked in, but had one of Anakin's arms around her and preventing her from falling off the couch. Padme smiled. It was nice to see the both of them again. And they looked far more peaceful. Seemed like it was an overall thing too.

"Shh. He always wakes up around this time," Ahsoka said, her eyes open and scaring Padme slightly. She was smiling as she inclined her head towards Anakin. "Let him."

Padme smiled and nodded in understanding before looking at Anakin's face. It betrayed no problems. None. Nothing but a toothless smile on his face. She missed seeing him smile like this. Like it was just... there. He didn't need a reason to smile.

As long as the Jedi didn't find out that he was here, things should be fine. By all intents and purposes, she was aiding and abetting an accessory to a crime. She supposed the only reason she was doing it because she loved this man. More than anything.

As she walked out of the door, she knew this would be in the back of her mind all day; nagging her incessantly. Ahsoka looked back towards the man with an arm around before smiling and closing her eyes. At times, she regretted being a light sleeper. It would probably take her several more hours to fall asleep.

"Count Dooku. Lord Sidious is awaiting for you to contact him," a droid said in its usual slightly obnoxious tone. The Sith Lord turned, his face betraying no emotion, but his thoughts betraying a small bit of puzzlement.

His master often didn't contact him. Unless the situation seemed rather dire. It worked the other way around as well. So it was more than likely he would have some information that he that would be paramount in them knowing. So with a nod and a wave of the hand to dismiss the obedient droid, he smoothly moved in strides to get out of the room to find the secluded room he usually had prepared in case he need to contact his master at any time. Or if his master needed to contact him like now.

Hitting a button to cut on the digital projection, he backed a few inches before lowering himself into a kneel while waiting for his master to answer.

"Lord Tyrannus," Darth Sidious said simply.

"My Lord. You summoned me," Dooku said. It wasn't a question. He and his master were above stating the very obvious.

"A recent development has come to my attention. One that even I have not foreseen, but... it could work in our favor," Sidious said, taut lips coming together in a tight lipped smile. His master hardly ever smiled. This had to be something that could prove very prosperous for his master and their cause. So it was of his interest as well.