Chapter 3 - Caves and Crystals

A/N: I'm moving right along with this. Again, probably not updating for a while. For real this time. lol. But I am loving where this story is going. These acts that Anakin are doing might be outlandish, but at this point, Anakin does not really care anymore. He's getting tired of the Jedi and what they are doing, so he doesn't mind taking what he needs. Especially considering it doesn't severely harm them.

Anakin sat on the edge of the building in a meditative position. The last Skywalker took a deep breath through his nose before placing his hands together and closing his eyes.

"Why are you sitting on the edge like this? Actually, scratch that. I'm still trying to figure that out along with why you want to put your lightsaber back together when it's already working and in one piece," Ahsoka asked. Anakin sighed.

"I don't know. I'm usually not one for meditation," he said.

"There's still no point in trying to put your lightsaber back together. What if you end up breaking it?" Ahsoka said exasperatedly as she walked in a set pattern behind him.

"I won't. I meditated over my crystals and constructed my lightsaber myself. Several times in fact," Anakin said, rubbing his head from the memories. "Several hours I sat there and meditated over my crystal before constructing it every time I lost a lightsaber. The Jedi seemed to think that was punishment enough, cause I had to do it every time."

"You meditated over your crystals? What's that like?" Ahsoka asked.

"Boring, I can tell you that first of all. But there's a type of... bond between the crystal and the wielder. Like... it is your weapon. Your companion," Anakin said, looking at the side of the ground while still in his meditative position. "Now that I think about it, what Obi-Wan says makes more sense. It really feels like your life. Or part of it at least. More than likely he meditated over his crystal as I did."

"The experience sounds peaceful. But I was happy with the lightsabers I had," Ahsoka said, looking to the side as she remembered she gave hers away.

"We're going to find you more, but you are going to meditate over yours as I did," Anakin said, closing his eyes again.

"Where do expect to-"

"I did not only meditate over my crystal at the age of eighteen, Padawan. I also went with Obi-Wan to pick the crystal. In the ice cold caves of Ilum. They can appear there. Though they aren't just strewn all over the place like plants. You must reach out find them through the Rite of Passage. It's exactly what you shall do. But my senses of the Force have changed since I was eighteen. I should only have to meditate over it again," Anakin said. Ahsoka looked at Anakin strangely. As he spoke, he sounded strangely serene. Almost like Master Obi-Wan was speaking for him, but it was his voice.

"Is that why you have that ship?" Ahsoka asked, pointing at the ship in question.

"That was so we can get around. Don't worry. There's a clone bar not far from here. After his brothers get a few drinks in him, the pilot that was assigned to me won't remember a thing," Anakin said calmly before opening his eyes to the city of Coruscant and allowing his deep blue eyes to take in the sight. More than he felt in his life, he felt extremely peaceful. As he sat here with Ahsoka. No stress. No struggles. Not until he was ready to take them by the reigns again. Then he stood up.

"I assume we're flying to Ilum?" Ahsoka asked.

"Of course. Get in the ship. There's gear in there as well. You should be fine," Anakin said, putting a gentle hand on Ahsoka's back and ushering her forward. Ahsoka shivered from the strange touch as she continued towards the ship. Her master's- Anakin's hand was surprisingly callused for spending years in a glove. But strangely pleasant.