Chapter 41 - A Rescue Mission

A/N: 400+ Favorites and Follows. Great Force above, you people are killing it. This is pretty much the only story I update at this point. So much neglect to my other stories. I don't mind it so much when numbers like these are staring me in the face. And we shall continue.

"Alright, we should go straight to the local forces. They might have a lead as to what happened to the Senators," Ahsoka said.

"This smells Deathwatch. Their whole organization fell apart ever since all their leaders disappeared one way or another," Anakin said.

"What happened to them?" Ahsoka asked.

"That's the thing. We don't know. They just up and disappeared one day. I honestly hope they're dead, especially after what they did to the Duchess," Anakin said, quelling the small spike of fury from the thought.

"You knew her?" Ahsoka asked.

"No. Obi-Wan did. And unless I'm mistaken... she was much more to him than a friend," Anakin said sadly.

"Oh, jeez. Did he ever..."

"I doubt he talked to anyone about it, and rightfully so. It couldn't have been easy, and Jedi aren't supposed to have attachments in the first place. Maul and Savage were leading the charge, and I know Obi-Wan doesn't care for vengeance, but I do. And no one does that to a friend of mine," Anakin said before sitting back.

"There's still the matter of finding them though. By the sound of things, all of Deathwatch has gone into hiding," Ahsoka noted.

"They had to have left a trail or residing at some location they may have inhabited once before. Regardless, we will find it," Anakin assured her.

There was very little time before they arrived on Mandalore after this conversation, and their first destination was straight to the Mandalorian capital. But there was a transmission they received as soon as they got close.

"Unknown ship, identify yourself or you will be shot down!" the man on the comm barked.

"Members of the Republic, working on behalf of the Chancellor. Where are our missing Senators?" Anakin questioned in a tone even more commanding.

"Descend to the hangar below," the man said simply before the connection died. Anakin looked at Ahsoka, who was likely thinking the among the same line as he was. This did not bear good tidings. But they were ready.

As soon as they landed, several soldiers clad in Mandalorian armor came up to approach them. Anakin kept his hand close to his waist line in case he needed to draw his saber, and Ahsoka was ready to summon hers off her waist at any given moment, but they didn't start attacking. All they did was look back and forth between the couple briefly.

"Follow us," the first soldier said, walking off. Anakin's hand dropped slightly, but he kept constant eyes on them; waiting for them to make a move.

"What is this all about?" Ahsoka asked.

"The details on your missing Senators. We don't know all the details, but our new Regent does," the Mandalorian told them.

"Who is it?" Anakin asked.

"Bo Katan, of Deathwatch's old organization. As I seem to recall, she renounced Deathwatch upon the death of Pre Viszla. She became Regent when no one stepped up after the disappearance of the Dathomirian and the death of his brother," the soldier explained, making Anakin frown thoughtfully. So this Katan they were dealing with was a wild card; she could have been responsible for the disappearance of the Senators. But at the same time, she may have not. Anakin wouldn't rule anything out, even if she lost her old leader because of Maul.