Chapter 17 - Compromising Situations

A/N: I come back to 69 reviews. That couldn't have been more perfect. While I briefly act like I'm much younger than I am, getting these chapters going take time. I might have said this before, but I know where I want to end up and I know what I want to happen. But the process of getting there is a lot harder. So work with me here. I do have a special idea involving Tatooine that you all may like. Won't spoil it though.

Another thing. I was not aware that Ahsoka was more accustomed to the idea of killing than I thought. Decapitating a bunch of Mandalorians and not batting an eyelash definitely suggests that she's used to the idea. If I knew that, I would not have made it as big of a deal as I did before. Like I said, I'm lacking in some aspects of the show. So my best idea from this point is for her to be used to the idea of killing, but the circumstances of the killing are what bother her. Trying to find some stable ground from this lack of knowledge.

"This is... interesting," Ahsoka said, her voice somewhat plain.

"More like pointless," Padme said as she deactivated the lightsaber very cautiously under risk of her accidentally dropping the thing on her foot. "Ani, you expect me to learn how to fight like you and Ahsoka?"

"It doesn't take a Jedi to learn how to use a lightsaber. You just have to practice it," Anakin said before Padme looked to Ahsoka.

"Did you know about this?" she asked. Ahsoka shook her head.

"He said he had an idea as to what he wanted to do with the sabers. He didn't give specifics," Ahsoka said evenly.

"She had nothing to do with this. This was all me. Anyway, position your hands," Anakin told her, making Padme groan.

"I would prefer to watch that show you two were watching all night than practice this," Padme said.

"There is nothing wrong with 'Monsters vs The Monstrous,'" Anakin and Ahsoka said at the same time, causing them to look at each other briefly. Then he turned back to Padme immediately.

"The point is that I'm teaching you a better way of defending yourself. Not something as clumsy or random as this," Anakin said, Padme's blaster zooming to his hand just from the mere thought of it. Then he tossed it back to her. "Lightsabers are more effective. More... controlled and elegant. And you don't have to worry about lacking in the tutor. You're looking at a talented duelist right here."

"And what's going to fix your terrible tutoring skills?" Ahsoka questioned rhetorically.

"I teach good! I taught you, didn't I?" Anakin retorted.

"You taught me how to be as reckless and as irresponsible as possible. In hindsight, it was kind of a good thing now that I think about it for about the hundredth time," Ahsoka said, making Anakin shake his head at her.

"Ah, you never have my back on these things. The point is..."

"Anakin, I get why you're doing it. The thing is that I have gotten along just fine without knowing how to use one of these things," Padme said, tossing the lightsaber towards him. He simply held it in between them with the Force, holding his metal hand up idly.

"But you can do even better. It would certainly ease my worries knowing you know how to chop someone's hand off when they try to stick their hand in a place that I would kill them for," Anakin said, pushing the lightsaber back in her hand. Then she immediately tossed it back.

"That's definitely one reason why I don't want to go through with this. Things like that. You two may be used to it, but it's not a line I want to cross," Padme said.

"It's not as bad as you would initially think," Ahsoka suddenly said, sitting up straighter on the wall as she looked at Padme. "This is coming from someone who was introduced to the war when I was barely in my teens. Trust me, it would definitely help in defending yourself if you knew how to use a lightsaber. You don't need Force powers to help with that. Then Anakin gestured towards her.