Chapter Twelve

"I'm sorry Dames" I whispered quietly, we were both sat on the floor of the shower, I was naked and he was just in his boxers. I couldn't really remember how I'd gotten here but I knew he had undressed me and just thrown my sick-stained clothes into the bin.

"Nothing to be sorry for" He whispered back, taking hold of my hand and giving it a squeeze. "Besides, it's not like I haven't cleaned up your sick before" He quickly added with a weak laugh, I looked up at him and forced a smile.

"Want to talk?" He asked quietly, still holding onto my hand, I shook my head slowly. I couldn't even begin to comprehend what had just happened in the lounge, let alone talk about it.

Damon and I sat in silence for what felt like five minutes, but it was enough time for him to give my body a quick wash with some shower gel, so it was probably far longer than five minutes.

I didn't even feel present, I was aware of what was going on and I understood what I had just been told by those police officers but I felt numb, I felt like I didn't have control of my body, like I was watching everything happen, rather than experiencing it.

Damon helped me get dressed into my pyjamas and wrapped me up in my dressing gown. He was so gentle with me, like I was going to break and shatter into a thousand tiny pieces. Who knows, maybe I would. I gave him a weak smile but I knew it didn't reach my eyes, I mean, it barely reached my mouth.

"Let's get you into bed" He said gently, I nodded my head and let him lead me into my bedroom, I sat on the edge of the bed, I felt like a guest in my own house.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked me, as he gently pushed me so I was laying down on the bed. I shook my head, feeling like I was frozen in the position he'd put me in.

I watched as he sat down on the edge of the bed, taking hold of my hand once again. This time, I gave his hand a squeeze and offered him a smile, to which he returned as he pulled my hand up and placed a gentle kiss on the back of it.

"Where are the others?" I asked him quietly.

"Alex and Dave left, didn't want to overcrowd you and Graham is out there cleaning the sofa" He told me, his tone was so gentle and quiet. I nodded my head slowly, trying my best to think back over the past few hours.

"I don't even remember them leaving" I mumbled, as far as I was aware they were still sat out in the lounge.

"I'm not surprised, you were sort of in a trance" He told me, I nodded my head slowly.

"I'm sorry" I whispered once again.

He shook his head again, giving my hand a squeeze and then another gentle kiss.

"Stop apologising Lyla, you've done nothing wrong"

I nodded my head slowly, I felt like I had done everything wrong. They were in the car, on that road because of me, they were coming to visit me.

"Why don't you try and get some sleep?" Damon asked me quietly, I nodded my head again and then looked up at him, I had so much I wanted to say to him, yet I just couldn't seem to get it out.

"You won't leave, will you?" I managed asked him, he gave me a small smile and shook his head.

"Of course I won't" He said softly "I'm just going to go and see Gra then I'll be right back, okay?"

I nodded my head once again, giving him a small smile as he placed a gentle kiss onto my forehead. I watched as he walked out of my bedroom and then let out a sigh, getting myself under the duvet and rolling over so I was now on my side. I had hundreds of things just swimming around in my head, some things I couldn't even begin to comprehend yet. I closed my eyes and let sleep engulf me, who knows, maybe when I wake up this would have all been a dream.

A/N

Sorry for such a short and rubbish update! I know it was basically the same things repeated but I wanted to focus on Damon just being there and looking after Eliza. I know it was rather slow but it'll pick back up again as there is lots more drama to follow!👀