Chapter Sixteen

As soon as I closed the bathroom door behind me I burst into tears, letting my back slide down the door as I fell down to the floor, bringing my knees up to my chest and putting my head into them.

Hearing Damon tell me that he loved me half killed me, he knew how much I loved him, but we just always agreed we could never have a relationship, it just wouldn't work. We were too similar, yet too different all at the same time. Though that still didn't stop my heart from yearning for him from time to time. It just meant that times like that when he told me he loved me, and I knew he was telling the truth, really fucking hurt. As I sat on the floor, with the tears streaming freely from my eyes, I couldn't help but let my mind drift back to our first ever top of the pops performance back in April 1991.

"Damon that was amazing" I gushed as we both walked into his flat, I heard him laugh behind me.

"Not bad for lip syncing" He said through a smirk, I laughed and shook my head.

We both made our way over to the sofa, Damon sitting down first and then pulling me onto him, so that I was resting my head on his chest and our legs were entangled.

"You were amazing though darling" He said, reaching forward to place a kiss on top of my head before picking a loose strand of hair and twirling it around his fingers.

"I can't believe we've done top of the pops, we're like a proper band now" I mumbled, breaking our comfortable silence. Damon's laughter rang around the room and I turned to face him, I could just about make out his eyes under his long fringe. I reached up and pushed it aside, smiling once I could see his face properly.

"Do you think I should get it cut?" He asked, I pulled a face but nodded my head. Obviously I'd never tell him, but I preferred him so much more with shorter hair.

"It is getting quite long now" I told him, giving him a small smile as he nodded his head in agreement. I reached forward to give him a kiss, gently placing my lips against his.

"I love you" I said quietly, a smirk appeared across his lips.

"I love you too darling" He responded before our lips met once again.

We fell back into a silence, the rising and falling of Damon's chest beneath me making me feel incredibly calm. After a while, I was sure he was asleep, I went to turn to check but his voice stopped me.

"I think we should break up" He said quietly, I froze where I was, not daring to look up at him.

"I'm worried Lyla" He told me, I just shook my head not wanting to listen to what he had to say. If I didn't have to listen then it wasn't happening. I felt him let out a deep breath.

"The industry doesn't like girls in relationships" I shook my head again, this just couldn't be happening.

"I don't want you to be disadvantaged because you're with me" He told me quietly, I tried my best to hold back the tears but it was no use as they were streaming down my face before I could do anything. Damon reached forward and turned me so that I was facing him, he reached forward and gently wiped the tears from my face. I looked at him properly and noticed that his eyes were glassy and tears were threatening to spill out of them.

"I love you Lyla" He said, his voice cracking "fucking hell I love you and one day when blurs's made us multi-millionaires I'll marry you and buy us the biggest house and we'll have lots of children and everything will be alright" The tears were flowing freely down his face now, I nodded my head and mumbled a word of agreement before placing my head on his chest, letting the sobs take over my body.

That night has been engraved in my mind ever since, though it was tainted with a hint of bitterness now as it was only a few weeks later Damon announced he was with Justine. He assured me it was just for the cameras and maybe it was at first, but four years later she was still here.

I dragged myself up off of the floor and over to the bath, knowing that if anything could help me, it was a nice hot bubble bath. The bath certainly didn't stop my thoughts from running away but it certainly helped with the tears, they eventually stopped and I felt a whole lot better.

I wrapped myself up in a towel and walked out of the bathroom, heading straight for my bedroom. I got dressed in a old pair of jogging bottoms and a faded fila t-shirt of Damon's. I glanced at the clock as I sat down onto my bed and sighed, it was only 4pm. Too early for bed and too late for lunch, I got up from my bed and walked into the lounge in search of some shit television to watch. I walked into the lounge and stopped once my eyes fell upon Damon, he was sat with his back to me whilst he watched the TV. I didn't have it in me to be angry at him anymore instead, I was rather grateful he was still here. I could do with a cuddle.

"You're still here" I said quietly, he turned his head and smiled weakly, his eyes were red and it was clear he'd been crying.

"I wasn't going to leave you" He mumbled as he got up from the sofa, walking over and engulfing me in his arms.

"I'm sorry" He whispered into my hair. I knew he wasn't going to change, I knew that we would be back in this situation in a few weeks and I knew Damon would be trying to emit control over me again, but I just didn't have the strength to argue with him anymore. Instead, I hugged him back, enjoying the feeling of complete safety.

It might not be real, but just for tonight we could live in our own little bubble again. Just Damon and myself with a couple of beers, some dodgy takeaway and a TV show we do nothing but rip the shit out of. As all of my emotions began to catch up with me, I couldn't possible think of anything better.

I had Damon to myself and, right now, that's all I could possibly want.

A/N

The first little throwback, what do you think?? Should I try and include more?
Eliza is all talk and no do, can't help but always go back to Damon, but I mean can you blame her?! Have you SEEN him?😍😍