Chapter Twenty-Three

"Shit" I shrieked, sitting bolt upright in bed. Today was our final day in the studio wrapping up the album and I had to be there on time, but a quick glance to the clock on the bedside table told me that I was already half an hour late.

"You alright?" A sleepy voice asked from next to me, I turned my head and sighed. Liam. I wish I could say that I was surprised, but I knew it was going to have happened.

"I had to be in the studio half an hour ago" I told him rushing myself out of the bed to try and piece together an outfit from my clothes on the floor. I was so stressed about being late that I didn't even give the view Liam currently had of me a thought, I'm sure me running around naked before putting yesterday's underwear and jeans on wasn't the most attractive of looks.

"I don't suppose you've got a top I could borrow, have you?" I asked him, I really didn't want to, but I knew I couldn't show up in yesterday's clothes.

"Help yourself to the wardrobe babe" he mumbled, I glanced across to him and smiled at his closed eyes and the duvet which he had brought up to his chin. Maybe he wasn't watching me run around after all.

I opened up his wardrobe and sighed, there was nothing here that didn't scream Liam all over. Knowing I had to just own the fact I was wearing something from Liam's wardrobe I pulled out a black oasis t-shirt, the same as what Alex had worn last night. I knew it would go down like a lead balloon with the guys but go big or go home, right?

"See you around" I said to him gently, walking over and placing a kiss onto his cheek. He opened his eyes slightly and smirked once he saw what top I was wearing.

"The paps are gonna love that" He shouted behind me, leaving me laughing as I ran out of his flat and onto the busy road.

"I'm so sorry I'm late" I gushed as I burst into our studio, I had walked as quickly as I could but I was just over an hour late. Ultimately it wasn't the end of the world, I'd be surprised if I had missed anything important, but I knew my tardiness wasn't going to go down well.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Damon seethed, looking me up and down but letting his eyes land upon the oasis logo. I took a deep breath, there were two ways I could play this and to be perfectly honest In was in the middle to annoy Damon, after all, I still hadn't completely forgiven him for moving the release dates.

"Good morning to you too Dames" I said with an over cheery voice, which hurt my already sore head, but I knew it had to be done to piss him off.

"No I'm serious" He said, getting up and taking hold of my shoulder, stopping me from walking across to the others "What the fuck are you wearing?"

"I could ask you the same thing" I replied, my eyes falling upon his elastica top. I obviously wasn't the only one who had set out to play a game today.

"Eliza you can't show up wearing that" He exclaimed, I could tell he was slowly starting to grow rather frustrated but I knew I had to keep on. I was not letting him win today.

"Alex wears it on national television and it's funny, I wear it to our private rehearsal and you've got a problem" I informed him, trying to keep calm but I knew it was only a matter of time before I exploded at him. My hangover was rubbing my patience rather thin after all.

"Oh sorry, that's just your double standards" I said with a glare accompanied with a forced laugh, I turned on my heel and went to go into the booth but Damon taking hold of my wrist stopped me.

"Don't you dare start that" He warned, raising an eyebrow slightly. I just laughed, though we both knew how forced it was.

"Damon, you're stood there wearing an elastica top and I'm wearing an oasis top, we're even. Get over it" I told him sharply, raising both of my eyebrows in a way that told him to stop, though I knew he wouldn't listen.

"Justine is my girlfriend" He told me, putting complete emphasis on 'girlfriend'. I couldn't help a laugh escaping my mouth, she was his girlfriend when it was convenient to him.

"And Liam's my boyfriend" I told him, it was a complete lie, I knew it, Damon knew it and the rest of the boys knew it. But I knew it would get a reaction out of him.

"Get out" He said quietly, before repeating himself far louder "Get the fuck out Eliza"

I gave him a big smile, looking him up and down before letting my eyes land upon his own.

"Gladly" I responded, trying my best to remain confident and keep my tears in check. Though I knew it was a matter of minutes before the floodgates open "I'm sure Liam's kept the bed warm for me"

I quickly glanced across at the others before making my way to the door. They all had shocked looks on their faces, sure Damon and I had argued before, but he'd never kicked me out, ever.

"See you later boys" I said cheerfully as I walked out of the door. As soon as I heard the door slam shut behind me, I let the tears flow out.

I knew I couldn't stay here and I really didn't want to see Liam either, instead I went out onto the road and flagged down a cab. I gave him my address and tried my best to stop my tears, the last thing I needed was a cabbie running to the sun. I'm sure they'd love a story about the front woman of blur, wearing an oasis top, whilst crying, alone, in the back of a cab.

Stepping into my flat I knew I had to keep myself busy, Damon would come round later, I was almost certain of it. He was the one in the wrong after all. I walked into the bathroom and started running a bath, I'm sure that after a nice hot bath and a good nap everything will be okay. At least, I could hope it would be.

A/N

Apologies for the short chapter today, I hope you enjoyed it nevertheless though!

I have lots of things planned to occur, but if there's anything in particular you'd like to see happen definitely let me know and if I like the idea I'll see what I can do to make it happen!