Chapter Forty-Seven (Bonus Chapter)

Thank you so much for 10k reads, it absolutely blows my mind that this little story has been read that many times. I've always thought I was a pretty rubbish writer but you guys have all boosted my confidence so much, so thank you for that!!

Here we have the bonus chapter, the 1997 chapter of letting everyone know they're married and the album release party had the most votes, so here it is. I really do hope you enjoy it, I do believe it's my longest chapter yet!

Just a heads up, there's an encounter with an unsavoury drunken man in this, it's not written in very much detail but it is still mentioned so please keep an eye out for that and skip past it if it will make you upset or uncomfortable!

Saturday 14th March 1997

"Can't we just change our names and stay on holiday forever?" I sighed as we approached our plane. Damon laughed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders  as he placed a kiss onto my temples.

"I mean, it's certainly very tempting but I've now got a wife that I want to show off to everyone we know" I smiled at his words, nodding my head in agreement, it had been over two months now but the novelty of the husband and wife labels hadn't worn off just yet.

We were flying home from Morocco, where we'd finished our miniature world tour, which was actually just a very clever honeymoon. Damon had far too much confidence that I was going to agree to marry him, all of our rooms in every country we flew to were all honeymoon suites.

We'd spent every second together for the past two months and it was the most incredible time, I'd spent years not being able to show any affection towards him in public, there were days when I'd wish with every ounce of my being that he was my boyfriend but now I finally had one better than that, he was my husband.

"Are you looking forward to the party tonight?" I looked across to Damon and shrugged my shoulders, we were halfway home now and the reality of having our new album release party as well as having to tell everyone that we were now married was starting to kick in.

"I can't even remember what fucking songs are on the album" I laughed loudly, shaking my head as I laughed. The album had been recorded months ago now and we were originally meant to be releasing it in February, but that got put back due to mine and Damon's galavanting.

"I can't wait to see everyone and be able to say and here's my wife, Eliza fucking Albarn" He told me, a toothy smile spreading across his face as he reached forward and placed a kiss onto my lips.

"I'm a bit worried, what if everyone's annoyed that we did it all in secret?" I asked him, sighing slightly as I spoke. I'd be worried about this ever since we got married, but as it was months away from happening, I managed to put it to the back of my mind. But today was finally the day "What are your parents going to say Damon?"

"They'll be happy, I promise" He reassured me, his hand interlocking with mine "They knew I was going to propose to you"

"But I could have said no!" I exclaimed, widening my eyes at him as though it was the most obvious thing.

"You were never going to say no, everyone knew that" He scoffed, rolling his eyes as he spoke. I laughed as I reached across and rested my head on his shoulder. The past few months really had been amazing, I couldn't remember the last time I saw Damon that relaxed and happy and a big part of me was worried that all of that would change now that we were heading back to London.

I managed to doze off for the remainder for the flight and as much as I had enjoyed being away, waking up to the drizzly London skies made me smile far more than I had thought it would.  The airport was so busy that Damon and I had, thankfully, managed to slip through, collect our luggage and get into our car completely unnoticed.