Chapter Thirty-Four

"And our final question is for you Eliza" The sudden mention of my name made me sit up and pay attention to what the interviewer was saying, I felt like I'd been sat here for at least half an eternity now so I had started to loose all interest in what was going on.

"Your boyfriend, Liam Gallagher, was spotted with actress Patsy Kensit, have you got anything to say about that?" She asked me, intently staring at my face for any sign of a reaction. I felt the heat start to rise in my cheeks and my heart start to pound in my chest as I had to try my hardest to stop my mouth from opening in shock, it was the first I was hearing of it.

I felt Damon shift uncomfortably next to me, a quick glance at his guilty face told me everything I needed to know. He knew there had been photos of Liam with Patsy and he hadn't told me anything.

"Erm, well it's Liam after all" I told her with a forced laugh, I wasn't too sure what to say to her. I knew they wanted a big reaction from me, but I wasn't going to give it to them.

"But aren't you worried that he's cheating on you?" She probed further, I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly, giving her a small smile.

"Liam is Liam, there's no point in worrying about things that I can't control" I told her with a firm smile, hoping she'd take the hint that I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

We wrapped the interview up pretty quickly after that, the boys were all silent as they aimlessly followed me through a maze of corridors. I stopped and turned to face them once I knew that we were far away enough to not get disturbed.

"You bastards" I screamed, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath "You all knew, you fucking knew and you didn't tell me"

The four of them stood there, guilty looks on their faces as they awkwardly moved their feet and fiddled with their hands.

"Lyla, we didn't want to make you upset" Alex said quietly, giving me a small smile when we made eye contact.

"Bullshit" I exclaimed angrily, throwing my arms up before turning to face Damon, glaring at him as I did so. He'd been unusually quiet so far.

"It's almost like you've got a guilty conscience Lyla" Damon quipped with a forced smile and a dark laugh.

"It was your idea, wasn't it?" I asked him quietly, I could feel my anger boiling up, threatening to spill out. Damon opened his mouth to respond, but I spoke before he could.

"Let's keep it a secret from her so she breaks up with Liam and then comes running back to me to fuel my massive fucking ego" I sneered in a mocking tone, my voice rising the more I spoke.

"Eliza, that's not fair" Graham told me firmly, an eyebrow raised as he did so.

"I'll tell you what's not fair" I told him, taking a deep breath and covering my eyes with my hands before I spoke "My fucking best friends not telling me that my boyfriend is cheating on me and letting me find out on national fucking television"

"Do you know" I paused to harshly wipe away the tears which had started falling from my eyes "Do you know how fucking embarrassing that is?"

Damon reached across to me and gently placed his hand on my shoulder, I looked at his hand then across to him.

"Don't fucking touch me" I seethed, breaking away from his grip, he reluctantly dropped his hand to his side.

I took one last look at the four of them, they were meant to look out for me, make sure I was okay and yet, they'd just let me be humiliated on television.

"You can do the fucking show without me tonight" I told them, shaking my head before turning on my heel and aimlessly trying to find how to get out of this place. I knew none of the boys would follow me, they knew far better than that by now.