Chapter Twenty-Eight

T/W Brief mention of an eating disorder

I hadn't seen Damon for a good week now, we'd not deliberately steered clear of each other, we just ended up being too busy to see each other. I knew I had to tell him about Liam today, there's only so long we can avoid being papped for and I knew if I put it off any longer I would never end up doing it.

We'd agreed to go out for lunch, I decided I needed to tell him in a public place as I knew he'd react in a more reserved way if we were around other people.

"Lyla darling" He exclaimed as I walked into the restaurant, standing up to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Where have you been hiding?" He asked as we both sat down, a smile on his face.

"I could say the same to you, I was the one who phoned you" I told him with a laugh and a raised eyebrow. I wished I could relax, but I felt so on edge and I knew I would until I had told him.

"What are you eating?" He asked me, glancing up from his menu to look at me, I shrugged my shoulders and picked up my menu to glance across the options.

"I'm not really hungry" I told him, placing my menu back down and giving him a smile. It was a complete lie, I was really hungry, but Liam said he was taking me out for dinner tonight and I knew I couldn't eat both meals. I thought it was easier to get away with skipping lunch than skipping dinner.

"Eliza, you can't invite me out for lunch and then not eat anything" He told me from behind his menu, I could hear the eye roll in his voice as he spoke "Did that posh school not teach you anything?"

"I'm just not very hungry Dames, I had a big breakfast" Another lie, but I knew I could get away with it. After all, he could hardly argue otherwise.

"You order something or I'll order for you, you're not having nothing" He told me firmly, his quick glance over at me told me not to argue with him.

I nodded my head and sighed, picking my menu back up and hiding behind it. I did everything possible to try and stop my tears from falling, I hadn't planned for this and now I felt very out of my depth. I really didn't want to eat anything, especially as I'll be eating with Liam later, but I knew I had to get something to please Damon. I hated feeling out of control.

"Could I get the cod and chips please?" Damon asked the waiter, I felt my heart start to heat faster, I knew I had to order something now.

"Could I just get the, the erm" I paused to have another look across the menu "The chicken salad please" I quickly said, giving the waiter a smile as I gave my menu back to him.

"A salad?" Damon exclaimed once the waiter had gone, he was frowning at me, which made me panic more "I've never seen you eat a fucking salad in your life"

"New year, new me and all that" I told him with a smile and a very forced laugh, in the hope it would make him stop questioning me.

"New year, new relationship. Isn't it Lyla?" He asked, a small smirk on his lips and an eyebrow raised questionably.

I took a deep breath and then opened my mouth, before quickly closing it again. I could feel the heat rising in my face, how did he know? Liam and I had tried so hard to keep it a secret, and it had only been a few days.

"How do you know?" I managed to stutter out, closing my eyes and shaking my head. This couldn't possibly be happening, I had planned everything today and so far everything had happened differently, I couldn't cope with it.

"You don't need to look so worried darling, Justine told me, she heard it through the grapevine" He told me calmly, his eyes staring at me intently. I watched as he placed his hand on top of mine, giving it a gentle squeeze "I'm happy for you, honestly"

"Thank you" I said quietly, his reaction had been miles better than I could have ever hoped, but it hadn't happened how I had planned for it to and I was struggling to get my head around that.

"Are you okay Eliza?" Damon asked me quietly, I looked up from my lap and nodded, a bit over enthusiastically, at him.

"Of course!" I told him with a smile, I couldn't tell him what was wrong. Besides, it wasn't like I was doing anything wrong, I was simply just loosing a bit of weight to get the paps to like me again. I needed all the help I could get, I knew being with Liam would mean that my occurrence on the front page would be even more frequent.

He nodded his head slowly, looking me up and down as he did so. I could tell that he didn't believe me, but I knew he didn't want to probe any further, which I was grateful for.

"Eliza" Damon's said, grabbing my arm as we walked out of the restaurant. I stopped and turned to face him, giving him a smile "You know you can talk to me, don't you?"

I bit down on my lip and nodded my head, trying to give him a smile but I knew the tears welling up in my eyes told him otherwise.

"I'm fine Dames, honestly" I tried to get out, my voice cracking and the tears threatening to spill as I spoke.

"I really don't believe you Lyla" He told me with a sigh, bringing his hands up to run through his hair. We had both started walking now in the direction of our flats and I wished that this walk was shorter so I could get out of this conversation with him.

"I don't know what you want me to say to you" I told him with a sigh, dropping my head down to try and let the tears fall without him realising.

"The truth" He told me solemnly, I shook my head but didn't dare look up at him just yet.

"I am telling you the truth Damon, I'm fine" I told him, taking a deep breath and then looking up at him "I promise"

"Then why are you crying?" He questioned, bringing his hand up to gently wipe away the tears, I quickly moved my head away to stop him.

"Don't like confrontation" I told him with a smile and a small laugh.

He hummed in agreement, nodding his head and smiling at me. I knew he didn't believe me and I'm sure this wouldn't be the end of it, but I was glad he seemed to be leaving it for now. If this had taught me anything it was that I had to get better at hiding my emotions, I couldn't let this happen again. Damon questioning me was hard enough, but I knew I'd crack if all of the guys were asking me and I couldn't let that happen. They'd tell me that I was fine, that I didn't need to loose any weight, that the journalist was lying but I couldn't be dealing with their lies.

A/N

This was a bit shit and depressing, apologies!! I just wanted to get Damon finding out about her and Liam out of the way so I can crack on with the real drama.

Question: Mentions of eating disorders. do you think there should be a warning at the beginning of each chapter or is a warning in the description of the story enough? I don't want anyone to get upset because of what I've written, but I'm not sure if a warning at the beginning of the relevant chapters is necessary or not?