Bad Dreams

Rex wakes up out of a dead sleep, he doesn't know why. He opens his eyes and looks down at himself, Huffing when he realizes that he's transformed in his sleep again. It's only been a few months since it's happened but he has pretty good control over being a Werewolf.

He doesn't understand why he woke up until he hears a quiet whimper, he turns over and see's you, writhing around in your sleep and whimpering, tears falling down your face.

He quickly jumps into action, carefully pulling you into his arms and rocking you back and forth.

"Wake up Cyare, it's okay, it's okay." He shushes you, trying to wake you up without scaring you. You have nightmares often, it's what comes with being a General in the war.

You gasp sharply as he finally managed to wake you, you try to fight him at first, forgetting it's Rex for a minute. Rex holds onto you tight in a hug.

"Hey! Hey, it's okay, it's me Cyar'ika. It's me." You calm down a little once you realize that it's Rex, you break down into tears as you cuddle into Rex's fur.

He nuzzle's the top of your head softly, holding you close and rocking to and fro. He's holding you in his lap, arms wrapped softly around you.

"Shhh, shhh. It's okay." He whispers sweet nothings to you, his voice us deeper than when he's human but it's still just as comforting.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You shake your head no, you can't bring yourself to talk about the horrible nightmare. He continues comforting you, not pushing you to talk.

He knows that you will tell him about it when you're ready, your sobs turn to quiet sniffles and the hiccup hear and there.

"I'm sorry, I woke you up."

"Don't be, I'd rather be woken up than let you go through it alone." You nuzzle into Rex's soft fur, rubbing your fingers through it. A smile cones to your face, you love Rex like this.

When this first happened he thought that you'd hate him, but you let him know that you'd love him no matter what firm he was in. That was before you knew that he could turn back to human, and you've let him know ever since how much you love him like this.

"Are you ready to go back to sleep?" Rex asks quietly, chuckling when he gets an answer in a yawn and your eyes drooping a little. He lays you both down, you on top of him, head on his chest. You let his heart beat sooth you too sleep, as you sink into his fur.

Rex falls asleep a few minutes later, arms wrapped around you softly. You both have happy and peaceful dreams for the rest of the night.