Meeting the 501st (CT- 7707)

CT- 7707 and Captain Rex arrive at the base on Coruscant, CT- 7707 is so nervous. He's scared that his older brother's won't like him, he is really young, only 16. Captain Rex puts a hand on his shoulder and smiles at him.

"Don't worry, Vod'ika. I already told you, they're going to love you." CT- 7707 nods, still not believing it but trying too.

"I h-ope so, Capt-t-tain Rex." Captain Rex smiles at CT- 7707, he hopes that him and his brothers can teach their baby brother that they love him, Stutter and all.

"We're brothers Vod'ika, you can just call me Rex." CT- 7707 smiles and nods.

"S-Sure, Rex." CT- 7707 and Rex go walking through the base, there's many brothers and all of them are looking straight at him. He shrinks a little under their stares, he doesn't like being in the spotlight. Rex puts a comforting hand on his shoulder again.

"They're just looking at you because you're new Vod, is it bothering you a lot?" CT- 7707 nods, he knows that it shouldn't but him, but he can't help it. Rex looks at him with a comforting smile, then turns to the rest of the brothers around them.

"Okay, back to work! And no more staring, please." They all go back to what they were doing for now, sneaking small peeks at him, but it's not as bad as before.

"Is that better?" CT- 7707 nods, it makes him feel a hundred times better. Rex smiles happily, hopefully the Vod'ika will feel more comfortable with them soon.

"Well, I already sent a message to the Vod on the way here. You will be meeting brother's throughout the rest of the evening, but I'll make sure they don't overwhelm you. Thought that it would be better for your first day and night here." CT- 7707 nods once again, he feels tears come to his eyes. He can't believe that a brother did something to help him, none of his batchmates ever did that, unless Master Shaak Ti made them.

"T-Thanks Ori'vod, if I-Im allowed to call you t-that." Rex looks at his Vod'ika sadly, he doesn't know why he's do nervous to call him that, but he has a few good guesses. He can't believe any brothers would treat this Vod'ika like that.

"Of course you can call me that, and I'm sure that any of our other brother's would love to be called that too." CT- 7707 smiles happily, he's never been allowed to call a brother an Ori'vod before.

T-Thanks Ori'v-vod." Rex smiles at him, he's such a sweet Vod'ika. He's so young, only 16, too young to have to see the horrors of this war. Rex is going to do his best to keep this Vod'ika out of battle as long as he can, but he knows that it won't be long.

"You're welcome."

"Hey Rex!" CT- 7707 almost jumps out of his skin when he hears the voice yell, Rex has to steady him. He turns and see's another brother, this one has a goatee and a five tattooed on the corner of his forehead, he's also wearing Arc Trooper armor.

"Is this the new Vod'ika?" Rex sighs, he can tell that the yelling startled their young brother. He glares at the brother

"Yes. And you just scared him, he's new Fives." The brother, now known as Fives, rubs the back of his head sheepishly. Poor Fives feels bad for scaring the new shiny.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Fives." CT- 7707 grabs Fives hand and firmly shakes it. Fives looks at him expectantly, waiting for him to tell him his name. Fives raises an eyebrow at Rex and he jumps in.

"It's okay, Vod'ika. He won't make fun of your voice." Fives looks confused but nods nonetheless. Rex figures that this might help the Vod'ika learn that they aren't going to hate his Stutter.

"Of course, I would never make fun of a Vod'ika." Fives wonders what's going on but Rex gives him a look like, I'll tell you later, so he doesn't say anything. CT- 7707 sighs, he really doesn't want this brother to hear him speak. But he's pretty sure that Rex is up to something and he really doesn't want to disappoint him.

"H-Hey, I'm C-CT-7707. I-It's very nice t-to  meet you." Fives smiles kindly, so this is why the Vod'ika didn't want to talk. Rex is going to have to explain to him what happened on Kamino, this Vod'ika looks young.

"You have a nice voice Vod'ika, and you don't have to hide it from any of us. We're your brother's." CT- 7707 smiles and nods, he can't believe how nice these two Vods gave been.

"You know, you'll have to meet my brother Echo. He's going to love you, we're also going to have to figure out a name for you. You can't be called  CT- 7707 all the time." CT- 7707 nods again, he likes these Vods, they're way nicer than his batches.

"H-How did you g-g-get your na-name?" Fives smiles at that, this shiny's so adorable. But he acts so unsure sometimes, he wonders how they might have treated him on Kamino.

"Well, I named myself. I once took down Five super battle droids with one shot." CT- 7707 eyes go wide, he can't believe his Ori'vod did that. They both turn when Rex clears his throat.

"Stop lying Fives." Rex does not look amused and Fives laughs.

"I was just pulling your leg, I did name myself but it's because my CT number is CT-5555." Oh, CT- 7707 still thinks that it's a cool story. He doesn't think that anything in his CT number would make a good name.

"Come on, you can come meet Echo." He gets pulled along with Fives, Rex chuckling and following behind them. He wonders what Echo is like, he hopes that he's as nice as Fives.

"Hey Echo, Hardcase!" Fives yells out as two troopers turn to him, one is wearing Arc Trooper armor with a handprint on the chest, he has a normal trooper hairstyle and no tattoos to be seen. The other has line tattoos all over his face and a bald head.

"Hey Fives, who's the new shiny." CT- 7707 shrinks down from the two pairs of new eyes on him, he's so nervous. He does not like being the center of attention at all.

"Hey, you don't have to shrink from us Vod'ika, we're your brother's." He feels a hand on his shoulder and looks up to see Rex behind him, he looks forward and sees that the one with the tattoos was the Vod who was talking to him. He nods and the Vod holds his hand out to him.

"I'm Hardcase, it's nice to meet you." CT- 7707 shakes his hand and Rex gives him a little nudge after a few seconds of silence, telling him to speak.

"I-I'm CT- 7707, i-it's very n-nice to m-meet you Hardc-case." Hardcase smiles.

"Well it's very nice to meet you too." He says excitedly, but CT- 7707 turns to see the other trooper, he must be Echo, squinting at him. He turns to Rex.

"How old is he Vod?" CT- 7707 looks over to Rex, who sighs.

"He's 8, so about 16." The other three brothers look at Rex in surprise, Echo finally speaking up.

"16! They can't be allowed to send him out that young. Kriff Rex, he's just a kid!" Rex sighs.

"I know Echo, but they had him in line with his batchmates to be sent out. His batchmates were about a year older than him." Hardcase looks at Rex, he doesn't understand why the kids whole batch isn't here.

"Where's the rest of his batch Rex? We had room for more then one." CT- 7707 looks down at his feet, he doesn't really want to think of his batch, and how they treated him.

"They... They didn't treat their Vod'ika well, I'll tell you the details later." The boys all look at eachother, they hope that he doesn't mean what they think he means. Were his batchmates abusive?

"Well, I can bet that you're hungry. Why don't we go get some food for you, Vod'ika. By the way I'm Echo." CT- 7707 nods and follow's behind Echo, Hardcase and Fives. Rex is following behind him, he's so greatful that Hardcase and Echo didn't mention his Stutter. He actually thinks that he might like it here.