The king and his human

The Request: Rex or Stutter for Mermay? Keep up the amazing work!!❤️❤️

A\N: This was requested by @Pro-fangirls-unsocial-life on tumblr,  I really hope you like it!

Rex sighs as he watches the human playing on the beach, his beautiful brown hair is swaying in the wind as he sits and makes his sand castle with the teenager beside him. He seems to grimace at the sand, as if he doesn't like it, but quickly hides it from the girl. This human has caught Rex's eye, and he's fallen hard over the few weeks he's been coming to the beach.

Rex sighs as he slinks back beneath the waves from his hiding place behind the rock, he needs to get back to the palace now, to his brothers. The joys of being the king, thanks to Cody who had stepped down before they're parents had passed. Rex swims through the ocean for a bit until he gets to the city, Kamino looks so beautiful. He swims through the city and to the palace, waving to some of his subjects.

Once he gets to the palace he swims inside."Rex!" Rex sighs as he hears his brother Cody, then turns as he swims up. "We've been looking everywhere for you." Rex smiles. "Yeah, sorry. I was just out for a swim." Cody chuckles as he places a hand on Rex's shoulder, his orange tail flicking. "Seems like you're always out for a swim nowadays." Rex rolls his eyes as Cody snickers. "Come on, the royal advisor wants to talk to you." Rex lets out a deep sigh as Cody chuckles again. "I know, but you have to go." Rex nods. "I know." He then follows Cody through the Halls to the very boring meeting.

xxx

Rex smiles as he watches the human again, he's alone this time as he talks on some kind of device against his ear. Rex's guess is that it's some kind of communication device, he finds it interesting. He tries to think of what he should do, he wants to speak to this human. But Rex knows that it's against the rules, kriff, he isn't even supposed to be up here. The surface is forbidden, even to the king.

Rex bites his lip as he ponders what he should do, he wants to meet this human, needs to meet him. Rex hums as he makes up his mind, and with determination flowing through him, he swims out from the rock he usually hides behind, and towards the human. "Hello." The human startles as it looks at Rex, eyes wide. Rex flicks his tail up as he swims over, and the human lets out a little gasp. Rex sits in the shallow water as the human stares silently, Rex smiles. "I'm Rex." The human seems to come out of his frozen state, quirking his head at Rex. "Oh... Well, I'm Anakin." Rex smiles softly, he loves that name. He chirps happily, making Anakins eyes widen again.

"May I come closer?" Anakin nods, and Rex swims a little closer, but he can't get much since Anakin is still out of the water. "Oh! Let me come to you, as long as you don't hurt me, that is." Rex's eyes widen and he quickly shakes his head. "No, I would never hurt you." Anakin slowly walks into the water and towards Rex, sitting down beside him. Rex smiles and gently cups Anakin's face, making his eyes widen as Rex quickly presses a kiss to Anakin's lips. It's soft, and sweet.

Anakin finds that he can taste the salt water on Rex's lips, and Rex finds Anakin's lips soft, yet not as dry as he had thought they'd be. As soon as Rex pulls away, he sees the look of surprise on Anakin's face, he gets scared of his reaction to a Mer kissing him, Rex quickly dives back under the waves and swims away, hearing Anakin calling after him.

xxx

Rex groans as he lays in his bed, he can't believe he had just swam away like that, he feels horrible for leaving Anakin like that. But he also feels so stupid, who the kriff kisses someone the very first time they speak, what is wrong with him. Rex keeps his face covered as he hears someone swim into his room. "Rex?" Rex internally groans as he hears Cody's voice, he knows that Cody means well, but he really is not in the mood to speak to his brother.

"Rex, somethings going on with you, and I'd like to know what." Rex feels Cody sit beside him on his bed, and he removes his hand to look at him. Cody gives him a comforting smile, making Rex sit up with a sigh. "If I tell you, you can't tell anyone. And you can't lecture me, please." Cody nods. "Of course, you can tell me anything Rex. Our brothers are worried, especially Stutter, he's still so young, but he's noticed how weird you were acting when you returned." Rex sighs, he feels horrible for worrying their brothers.

"Cody... I may have fallen in love with someone." Cody perks up, smiling at Rex. "That's great, Rex!" Rex shakes his head. "Cody... he's a human." Cody startles, freezing as he just stares at Rex, who sighs and starts nervously playing with his fin. "I know it's bad, Codes. I know. But I was up at the surface and saw him, and I just kept coming back to look at him. And I fell, hard." Cody pinches the bridge of his nose as he sighs, and Rex waits for the lecture, or yelling. Cody looks at Rex. "I... I'm not mad, Rex. You should have told me from the start, but I'm not mad." Rex smiles at Cody, but then he frowns. "Codes, I messed up. Bad." Cody smiles comfortingly.

"I'm sure it's not that bad, Rex. Just tell me."Rex takes a deep breath. "Well, I may have decided to talk to him today after pining for the past few weeks." Cody nods, telling Rex to keep going. "I found out his name, and got him to sit beside me in the water, then I... I kissed him." Cody's eyes widen, then he covers his mouth as a little chuckle escapes him. "You kissed him, after only talking for a few minutes. I'm sorry, Rex. I don't mean to laugh."

Rex groans. "There's worse, I ran after kissing him. And now I don't know what to do." Cody places a gentle hand on Rex's shoulder. "It's okay, Rex. We all make little mistakes like that, but if you want to fix it, I'd go talk to this human tomorrow and work it out. I'm sure it'll all end well." Rex smiles as he pulls Cody into a hug. "Thanks, Cody. It feels so good to get this off of my chest, I felt so bad for lying to you." Cody hugs Rex back, letting out a tiny chuckle. "It's okay, Rex'ika. Just know that you can always tell me anything, I promise." Cody pulls away. "Now, it's time for supper. And I suggest that you tell our brothers about your human, but take your time." Rex smiles and nods as he follows his brother out. "Don't worry, I will."

xxx

Rex takes a deep breath, as he swims above the surface. He looks around the beach as he swims up for Anakin, but he's nowhere to be found. "Anakin!" He calls, but he doesn't see him. Rex sighs, he blew his chance. He goes to swim back when-- "Rex!" Rex turns to see Anakin running towards him, making Rex smile as he splashes into the water, then slows down once he nears him. Both are silent at first as they stare at each other. Rex decides to start first. "Anakin, I'm so sorry. I understand that I must have made you uncomfortable when I kiss--" Rex is cut off by Anakin's lips gently pressing against his own, making Rex's eyes widen, after a few minutes Anakin pulls away. He has a smile on his face.

"You didn't make me uncomfortable, the kiss was a surprise, for sure. But I liked it, and I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me." Rex's smile widens as he beams and chirps excitedly, making Anakin pull him close and press a soft kiss to his cheek. Then Rex frowns. "But I can't go anywhere?" Anakins smile doesn't falter. "I know, we can stay here. It's a beautiful beach, and not a lot of people visit it." Rex smiles. "Sounds nice." Anakin cuddles Rex gently, nuzzling his cheek. Rex hugs Anakin even closer, happy to finally be able to hold his human in his arms.