A surprise visit

The request: keeli for mermay?

A\N: This was requested by an Anon on tumblr, I really hope you like it. I know you didn't specifically request an X reader fic, but this is my first time writing Keeli, and I was more comfortable writing an X reader for it.

Warnings: None

You swim in the ocean, as you usually do at this time of day. It's just a nice small swim, when suddenly arms wrap around you, you squeal, you already know who it is. "Keeli!" Keeli smiles softly as he presses a kiss against the corner of your mouth, feeling you smile as his tail brushes your legs. You met him when he saved you from a sinking ship two years ago, you were both friends at first, then it turned into something else. Now you've been dating for about a year, and it has been amazing.

"I thought you were going to be busy today?" You ask with a raised brow, as you turn and wrap your arms around his shoulders. Keeli chuckles softly, and gives you a soft kiss. "I decided that I would rather spend my time with my favorite person in the world." You feel heat rush to your cheeks, and keeli presses a kiss to your nose this time, making you chuckle. "I'm sure that I'm not your favorite person in the world." Keeli raises an eyebrow. "But you are my favorite person in the entire world." Keeli pulls you into a passionate kiss, making you hum. "Kay, well. Same to you, you are my favorite person in the world." Keeli gives a wide, goofy smile as you kiss him again.

"So, how has my human been since we last saw each other?" Keeli asks you, and you sigh. "I've been a bit stressed out, my boss has been hassling me to work overtime a lot." Keeli frowns, getting an angry look. "I really wish I had a pair of legs now, just so I can stomp up to your boss and make sure he stops hassling you." you cup his cheek, making Keeli sigh and nuzzle into your palm, as his eyes flutter closed.

"It's okay, Keeli." you whisper, and Keeli sighs, looking at you with sadness in his eyes. "Do you ever wish I was human?" You feel surprise fill you then you glare. "No, never." Keeli raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" You sigh, then smile. "Do you ever wish I was a Mer?" Keeli's eyes widen and he shakes his head. "No! I would never, ever want you to change, you are perfect." You smirk. "The same goes for you, Keeli. You are perfect, Tail, scales and sharp teeth included." Keeli gives a sheepish look as you hug him close, laying your head against his chest, he presses a kiss to the top of your head.

"I love you." He whispers softly, you smile, pressing your forehead against his as you both swim around the bay, cherishing the small amount of time the two of you have, until you have to part again, him back to the sea, and you back to the land. It saddens the both of you, having to leave eachother, but this is the way it has to be, but you have hope, that someday you will be able to change that without changing yourselves, so that you can be with the one you love as long as you please. Your Mer.