A ghostly Christmas day

This was requested by xxamixisxx on tumblr, they requested 8 and 12 from my Christmas prompts for my au The Ghost's that Protect. This takes place in the future after Finn escapes the first order with the ghost clones.

Finn wakes up to Rex shaking him, he looks up at him. He has a big smile on his face.

"Hey kiddo, it's Christmas!" Finn's eyes widen, they weren't allowed to so much as mention Christmas in the first order. This will be his first Christmas ever!

"You want to go open your presents?" The ghost asks, and Finn nods. Rex smiles and picks him up, floating through the doorway of his room and into the resistance base. The ghosts all set up a room special for Christmas, with the help of Rey of course.

Rex carry's Finn into the room, it's got some of the ghost's in it. Not all of them can fit in the room, although they all helped decorate and pick out presents.

"Merry Christmas." They all yell and Finn smile's, he loves his family. Even if they aren't exactly... alive. Rey is here too, and so is Finn's best friend Poe. It seems like the others couldn't make it but that's okay. Rex sits him down in front of the Christmas tree, and all the present's.

"There you go Ad'ika, they're all for you." Finn's eyes somehow widen even more, all of them are for him. He looks at Rex, silently asking permission to open them and Rex nods. Finn grabs them and starts carefully taking the paper off, that's when Fives flies over.

"That's not how you do it Vod'ika, you got to rip it off." Fives tells him, demonstrating it by grabbing a piece of wrapping paper and tearing it. Finn smile's and follows Fives demonstration, ripping off the paper with gusto. He does this for all his presents, his face lights up each time he gets a new toy.

The ghosts all smile at him, especially Rex. He loves his Ad'ika, and he's so glad that they could do this for him. Finn finishes opening all his present's, he absolutely loves all of them.

He's never had toys before, he got a few from the resistance after they joined but before that none. The First Order didn't believe that they needed toys.

"Do you like them Finn?" Rey asks him and he nods his head excitedly, he loves all of his presents. Rey smiles at him, she's so glad that he loved them. A resistance fighter runs in.

"Hey guys, it's snowing outside. Come on." They all look surprised and run out to look, Rex grabs Finn's hand and they walk out. Rex smiles at the snow falling, looking down he sees the wonder in Finn's eyes and realizes that this is the first time he's ever seen snow. Poe comes running up to them.

"Mind if I take the kid to play." Rex nods and they run off, Rex watching them. He's happy that his Ad'ika gets such a great Christmas, he even gets snow. Rex sighs when he feels himself change, he hates that they switch between ages.

He hates being old, it's not because of his looks or anything. It's because he's supposed to be Finn's father figure, not his grandfather. Finn must sense it because he walks over and sits in Rex's lap, snuggling into him.

"It's okay, Rex." Finn tells him, he knows how much Rex hates being old. He doesn't care, he's still his... Well he doesn't really know the word for it but Rex is like a caretaker but nice not mean. He likes Rex, and hopes that nothing takes him away.

Rex hugs Finn close to him, he loves his Ad'ika so much. They sit like that for a while until Finn's teeth start to chatter a little and Rex takes him in for warm clothes, then they spend the rest of the day playing in the snow.