Arc Trooper Echo x reader

You are making dinner in your apartment for you boyfriend Echo. He just got home a few days ago but he's going on another mission tomorrow so you're making him his favorite dinner. You always do when he leaves for a mission. The two of you are also going to watch a holo-film tonight. You hear the door to your apartment open and after a few seconds you feel two arms wrap around your waist.

"You're cooking supper for me cyar'ika, you didn't have to do that." You laugh at that, Echo's always such a sweetheart. You turn around and give him a look.

"Yes I do, I want you to have something good before you go on the mission tomorrow." You tell him, he smiles and gives you a kiss. Once he pulls away you look at what he's wearing. You love when he wears the clothes you buy him instead of his armor. Right now he's wearing a simple black tee-shirt and a pare of black pants.

"How's Fives doing?" You ask him, Fives is your best friend and the only reason he's not here right now is because he wanted to give you and Echo some alone time before their next mission.

"He's good, pretty excited for the mission tomorrow. He told me to say hi to you." You chuckle, you can't wait to see Fives later and talk.

You guys sit down for dinner and after you sit down to watch the holo-film. You notice that Echo's acting kind of weird, like he's nervous about something. You decide to brush the thought away and watch the film.

After the film you're about to get up to get ready for bed when Echo stops you.

"Can you stay sitting for a few minutes cyar'ika?" He asks you, looking even more nervous than before.

"Sure Echo, is something wrong?" You ask him, and that's when he gets down on one knee.

"Cyare, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" You almost burst into tears from how happy you are when you jump into his arms.

"Yes, it's a yes Echo."

"I don't exactly have a ring right now y/n but you can have a piece of my armor till I get one." He tells you, handing you one of his hand guards that he pulled out of his pocket.

"I don't need a ring Echo, I just want to marry you." You can't believe he proposed to you, no wonder he was so nervous tonight.

You kiss him and make sure to put his hand guard in your jewellery box for safe keeping. You pull Echo into your room and start getting ready for bed. Once you're ready you both get into bed. When you get settled you turn to Echo and ask him something that's been bugging you since he proposed.

"Why did you decide to propose tonight, Echo?" He looks at you nervously, like he doesn't want to answer.

"Echo?"

"Tomorrow's mission is going to be dangerous cyare, I thought it would be a good idea to ask you just in case." He looks upset now and you know that you're going to have to reassure him that he will make it back. That's one thing you hate about dating a soldier, there's always a chance that he won't come back home.

"You will make it back Echo, you always make it back home. When you do get back we will get married as soon as possible okay." He smiles at you and you smile back, happy to put a smile back on his face.

"I love you y/n."

"I love you to, Echo." You tell him and roll over, feeling Echo nuzzle the back of you neck and wrap his arms around you, and you fall asleep, the last thought being how you can't wait to.marry Echo when he gets back from his mission to the Citadel.