A ghostly presence (Rexwalker)

Things have been weird the last month on the rebel base, Rex can't get rid of the feeling of being watched wherever he goes. He doesn't understand why the feeling won't go away, ever since the battle of Endor there's been this presence that's been following him everywhere.

He tried asking Ahsoka about it but every time he brings it up  she just looks behind him with a sad smile on her face and changes the subject, he knows that there's something she's not telling her but he always decides not to push.

Todays been a weird day though, he hasn't felt the presence at all and he actually seems to miss it. It's never not been around and it's actually starting to worry Rex.

"Hey, Rex." Rex turns to see Ahsoka walking towards him, with a smile on her face.

"Hey, Ahsoka. How are you doing." Ahsoka smiles kindly at him, which always helps to cheer him up.

"I'm good. Your looking a little down, is everything okay." Rex thinks about telling her, wondering if she'll just change the subject again. He decides to tell her and if she changes the subject than she changes it.

"Actually, you know that presence that I keep telling you about, well I'm not feeling it around today." Rex notices that Ahsoka has a confused look on her face.

"You know what Rex, do you mind giving me a few hours to meditate." Before he can get a word out Ahsoka goes running off to her room. He decides to wait a few minutes then follow her to try and find out more about the presence.

After a few minutes he runs to her room and types the code into the door, when it opens what he sees freezes him in his tracks. Ahsoka is standing there, talking to someone. What freezes Rex in his tracks is who it is that she's talking to.

Anakin Skywalker is standing there, seemingly see through and after a few seconds of staring straight at Rex in surprise, he vanishes into thin air before Rex can even get a word out.

Rex can't believe what he just saw. Anakin Skywalker, the love of his life who died about a month ago was standing there having a conversation with Ahsoka.

"Ahsoka! What's going on." Ahsoka looks at him, she's nervously chewing on her lip.

"Ahsoka please, tell me what's going on." Rex just sounds tired know, and Ahsoka sighs as she gets ready to tell Rex what she should have told him a month ago. She sits down on her bunk and pats the space beside her.

"Come sit down Rex, it's a long story." Rex walks over and sits down, sighing as he does. He can't believe he just saw Anakin, looking the exact same way as he last saw him all those years ago.

He listens closely as Ahsoka tells him the story of how after the battle of Endor Anakin's ghost started following him around everywhere, after a week she decided to try to talk to him. Anakin explained to Ahsoka that he had ways of only showing himself to certain people, and how he can't bring himself to talk to Rex.

"He told me that he didn't think that you'd ever forgive him after everything that happened." By everything Ahsoka means him turning to the Darkside, and leading the 501st's attack on the temple. Rex stands up and heads to the door, turning back to Ahsoka

"If you don't mind Ahsoka, I have to hunt down my ghost boyfriend." Ahsoka laughs, knowing that Rex will make everything right between the two.

Rex desides to search in places that he knows Anakin likes to relax in, he first searches the ships since he knows that Anakin liked to hang there when he was alive.

He walks in, and doesn't see anything. No sign of Anakin, he doesn't feel anything so he's obviously not there invisible. He searches the whole base, finding no sign of Anakin.

He finally finds Anakin in a storage department, hiding behind some boxes. As soon as he sees Rex he looks like he's going to disappear again.

"Anakin Skywalker! Don't you dare disappear again." He freezes, listening to Rex and just standing there, playing with his ghostly mechanical arm.

He takes a good look at his boyfriend, he looks exactly the same as last time he saw him. The only difference being the sadness in his eyes, Rex reaches out a hand, then pulls it back. He doesn't know if he can even touch him.

"Can... Can I touch you?" Rex asks him as he continues to fiddle with his hand.

"Just get it over with."

"What?" Rex is completely and utterly confused. What does Anakin want him to do?

"Just punch me and get it over with Rex."

"What!" Rex can't believe what he's hearing. Why the kriff would Anakin want him to punch him.

"I know you want to after everything I've done, so please just get it over with; I deserve it." The last part breaks Rex's heart, knowing that Anakin hates himself so much that he wants Rex to punch him; thinks he deserves to be punished.

Rex does the opposite of what Anakin asks, and instead walks over and pulls his boyfriend into a hug, it's weird and airy on account of him being a ghost but Rex finds it no less comforting.

"Why?" Anakin whimpers quietly, not understanding how Rex can hug him after everything he's done.

"You weren't yourself as Darth Vader, and Luke told me about what you did. How you saved him." Anakin whimpers and nuzzle's his face into Rex's shoulder, he can't believe that Rex is forgiving him.

"It doesn't excuse everything you've done, but I'm not just going to abandon you. I still love you." Anakin hugs Rex back hard, he doesn't know how he still loves him, he doesn't deserve any of it.

"I'm sorry Rex. I'm so sorry." Anakin's crying now, they have a lot to work through. But they both know that everything is going to be okay.