chapter 20

dakota's p.o.v

"hey. hey! stop it kenz." i whine as she distracts me from the movie the three of us are watching in my bedroom. she laughs, trying to take my hand and examine my ring for the millionth time.

"it's so pwetty." she talks like a two year old, trying to be faster than my cat like reflexes.

"yes it is but treat me like a museum. look with your eyes, not with your hands." i glance at her, seeing her give me a look with her eyes squinted. i hear lucy giggle beside me.

"you're such a loser." kenzie says before bringing her hands by her side and adjusting her eyes back on the tv.

"a loser with a promise ring." i tease her by wiggling my fingers in front of her face. she rolls her eyes. "tell hunter to get with it."

"i should." she crosses her arms. "i want one." she then pouts, causing me to smile lightly.

i lean into lucy, feeling her arms wrap around me and her lips touch my forehead. my face turns pink as i dig my face into her chest. she rubs my arm gently.

"oh so i'm distracting but you can ignore the movie and lean your face into your girlfriends boobs." i hear beside me, feeling lucy's body bounce as she laughs softly. i chuckle as well, rolling my eyes at the idiot on the other side of me.

"it's different." i glance at her, trying to make out my meanest look. she scrunches up her nose.

"how?" she asks confused.

"it's her boobs. not your cold hands." i snicker before cuddling up back against my girlfriend. kenzie sighs, her head making a thud noise as it rests against the wall. "awe, are you lonely?" i lean back up, giving lucy a kiss before turning to kenzie.

"very." she pouts. then she looks down at her chest, giving me a frown. "i have boobs too. can't i get cuddles?" she outstretches her arms at me and keeps the frown on her face. i giggle, wrapping my arms around her torso and cuddling up against her chest this time.

"now i feel left out." i hear on the other side of me. i bring my hand up, signaling lucy to come lean on me so we are all close. she does so, leaning her head on the side of my body. "yay."

"who's cuter than us?" kenzie asks, a smile on her face. i notice that the movie had kept going this whole time and i'm missing it. eh, it's just a movie. i'm with my favorite two people which is a movie in all.

"no one." lucy and i say at the same time as the room rolls with our laughter.

a few minutes later, we all turn our heads to a knock at my bedroom door. when i tell them to come in, i see lucy's mother.

"honey, will you come downstairs for a second please?" she asks nicely. lucy looks at me quickly before getting off the bed, following her mom out of the room.

kenzie and i don't hesitate to quickly jump off my bed and walk out of my room. we stay upstairs, peaking down towards the front door. we see lucy standing next to her mother as mary opens the front door of the house.

"what the fuck." i can't help but whisper, seeing none other than the face i slapped in high school no more than a year ago.

"is that..?" kenzie starts, her voice full of confusion and concern.

"nathan." i hear my girlfriends voice break, but in a way of shock and disgust. not in a broken, hurt way. i know she doesn't feel anything remotely close for that boy anymore.

"he told me he wanted to talk to you the next time you've returned home from school." her mom says, looking between the two teens.

"mom how could you-" lucy starts but her mother gives her a look.