chapter 33

dakota's p.o.v
*time skip to christmas break*

"i am so hyped to finally be out of that whole area for a few weeks." i say as i sit in the passenger seat of the car. lucy is driving. and yeah, you guessed it. jade is in the back.

"me too. it is much needed." lucy responds to me.

some people have that dream to go to college to earn a great degree and be successful. and that's what i want to do. school is something i knew i would succeed in and make sure i stayed until the very end. however, after a few months of constant class and work, you need a break. everyone needs a break.

"thank you guys again..i really didn't want to be with my family." i hear jade speak behind me. i glance over at lucy only to see her look over at me. we both smile lightly. despite however i feel about jade, i'm glad she doesn't have to spend christmas with her shit family.

"it's no problem, jade" lucy speaks.

"yeah. especially because kenzie told me this morning that she's bringing hunter and another friend from school." i say to them. lucy looks over at me, a shocking look on her face.

"wow. a big group." she giggles. i ignore her and just turn my body to look at jade in the back of the car. she looks at and tenses.

"i apologize for the way i acted when lucy told me you were going to join us. i over reacted and i shouldn't of considering kenzie is bringing more people but i am sorry. you're okay, jade." i say softly to her. i can't help but not hold a grudge long, especially when i know i'm just being insensitive and annoying.

"thank you." jade smiles back at me and nods her head.

"and i'm sorry baby, for dumping that on you. you were just being the great friend that you are." i put my hand on her thigh as she drives. she smiles, keeping her eyes on the road but taking one hand off the wheel to place it on top of mine that's on her leg.

"you're fine, beautiful. i love you." she blushes.

"i love you."

nothing can ruin this christmas break!

finally when we arrive at my house, my mom along with lucy and kenzies mom are outside waiting for us. lucy parks the car and we all get out. lucy and i run up to our moms, giving them a big hug. then we give the other one and hug. and of course kenzies mom got one as well.

"we missed you so much." my mom tells me as she runs her hand over my head to fix my hair. i smile, nodding my head in agreement.

"it hasn't been the same without you two." lucy's mom says to us. lucy and i look at each other, happy we are home.

"oh." lucy turns around and grabs jades hand for her to join us. "jade, this is my mom, dakota's mom, and kenzie's mom. moms, this is jade." she introduced jade to our moms. "my roommate, obviously." she chuckles.

"it's so nice to meet you." lucy's mom speaks up first, giving jade a small hug.

"you as well ms. davis." jade says politely. my mommy and kenzies mom say hello to her to, happy that she's here.

"kenzie is bringing hunter and another friend so we gonna have a party." lucy chants as we all wait for them. my moms eyes widen.

"oh gosh. my house is not big enough." she slaps her forehead.

"nonsense. the more the merrier." kenzies mom says to her, making my mom smile.

"aww." i point at them them, making a cute face. they both blush, covering their faces.