chapter 16

lucy's p.o.v

"what do you mean your room was a mess?" dakota ask confused as she sits across from me at our usual cafe.

"i mean..my whole room is a mess. jade tore it apart last night." i say as i take a sip out of the small cup in front of me. dakotas eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"is there something wrong with her that you've noticed?" she asks gently. i stare at my cup, tapping my fingers on it.

"kind of." i speak. "she's told me that she has a twin sister that's going to harvard at the moment while she was forced to come here..she doesn't want to be here. her family treats her like shit." i explain. dakotas eyes widen.

"that's harsh." she says, now taking a sip of her drink. i nod, resting my chin in the palm of my hand being help up by my elbow. dakota puts her drink down slowly. "do you feel bad or something?" she squints her eyes.

i shrug. "a little." i admit. "i'd feel bad for anyone no matter how they acted if i knew that was the case. all of her anger is built up from her childhood and she acts like the way she does to hide or push it away." i explain, sighing heavily.

"ah yes, you dated nate. makes sense why you know how it would feel to not be loved." dakota giggles, causing me to crack a smile. i shake my head at her playfully.

"you're exactly right." i lean back in my chair and cross my arms. i look over at the people making drinks in the distant behind the counter. "i think i'm going to buy her a drink." i stand up out of my chair and grab my wallet.

"really lucy?" i hear my girlfriend ask. i nod my head.

"just let me be nice..please." i say as i walk away from her.

"how do you know what she likes?" i hear behind me. i glance behind me, seeing dakota with a majorly confused look on her face.

"i don't." i respond back, chuckling before reaching the counter. the man at the register gives me a small.

"back so soon." he smiles. "what can i get for you?" he asks politely.

"i'll have a caramel iced coffee please." i tell the men, handing him a ten dollar bill. i've seen jade with a cup filled with ice and it's definitely coffee inside. and she seems like a caramel girl..so why not.

"you got it." he gives me back my change as i walk over to the other side of the counter to wait for the drink.

once i get jades iced coffee, i walk back over to dakota. i grab my bag, throwing it over my shoulder as i carry the rest of my drink along with jades. "ready?"

"yup." dakota gives me a small smile before we walk to the exit of the cafe.

we walk back to our dorm room, both of us stopping at my room. "are you mad?" i ask honestly.

"no." she says quietly. "you're a sweetheart. see you tomorrow." she comes closer to me and leans in to give me a kiss. i kiss her back, blushing lightly.

"oh i need to do something tomorrow. i'm going to take my car." i say suddenly. she raises an eyebrow but nods.

"it's far?" she asks.

"not far but..not on campus. but i'll text you. i love you." i say sweetly. she blows me a kiss as she walks down the hallway slowly.

i finished my drink on the way to our building so i pull my key out of my pocket and unlock the door. i open it, immediately seeing jade on the other side of the room. she has her phone up to her ear with her back turned towards me.