chapter 6

kenzie's p.o.v

i wrap my arms around his neck tightly and pull him even closer if that was even possible. he slips his tongue into my mouth and i moan against his lips, now feeling his hands grab to my butt.

"shush." he pulls away for a second, bringing a finger to his lips. i roll my eyes and slap him upside the head. he rubs his head and furrows his eyebrows. "you're not even supposed to be here. it's getting late."

i bring my lips to touch his again, not caring what he's saying. hunter's friends went out for a late night drive while he stayed here with me. yes, i should be going back to my dorm now. but am i? not yet.

"do you want me to leave?" i tease, pouting as our lips stay close and brush against each other's. "i do have some work i should-" i start but he shakes his head, diving for my neck and kissing every little spot.

i tilt my head back, giving him more access to do whatever he wants. i grab a fist of his hair and tug, causing him to let out a deep groan. a smile creeps up on my face as i kiss his cheek and then his lips, bitting his bottom one.

"hey." we both pull away and keep our foreheads touching, relaxing ourselves. we catch our breath and look into each other's eyes. i hum, wondering why he said 'hey' because he must've wanted my attention. "i love you." he whispers, his hands traveling up and down my hips.

my eyes widen and i move my head, getting a good look at his face. it's totally red and he has a nervous look plastered on it. i'm frozen, completely shocked.

"what did you say?" i gulp, getting goosebumps all throughout my body. he just smiles at me. "b-because um, i think i heard you say you..i don't know. can you r-repeat it?" i take a deep breath, exaggerating too much but i don't know if i'm just hearing things now. hearing what i want him to say.

"you heard me correct baby." he kisses my cheek and brings his lips to my right ear. "i love you." he says again, making my heart pound inside my chest. i fight the tears trying to escape from my swelled eyes.

"are you kidding? don't play this shit with me." i sniff my nose, putting my hands on his shoulders and pulling his face away from my ear. he chuckles, shaking his head as he looks right at me.

"i'm not kidding." he says. "don't cry." he pouts, pulling me into a hug as i sit on his lap. i can't help but soak his shirt the second my face touches his shoulder. he rubs my back, running his fingers through my hair.

"you love me?" i wipe my eyes frantically, embarrassed that i'm crying. he pulls away and looks at me once again, nodding his head slowly.

"i love you, kenzie." he pokes my chest, smiling like an idiot. i lean in to kiss him, grabbing his cheeks between my hands. a kiss like this one has never felt so incredibly good in my life.

"i love you, hunter." i laugh though my tears, seeing his face blush again. "you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." i caress his cheek with my thumb, looking into his beautiful eyes.

"you're the best for me." he pecks my lips and pulls me in for another hug. we sit there in silence, holding on to each other for what felt like an eternity.

you know what feeling when you just feel your stomach drop and your heart sink..but in a good way? it's been a while that hunter and i have dated but i never imagined him saying that to me, ever. i don't know why, i guess it's just that i know i'm like crazy and no one has ever loved me before. i feel like i've loved him since forever but i never thought to say it loud.

"i need to call dakota." i giggle and get off of his lap. i grab my phone and notice ive got two notifications from her. one from this morning and one from about an hour away. whoops.