chapter 8

dakotas p.o.v

"what other way..?" i gulp, watching her slowly move away from my ear and look into my eyes.

"what other way would there be?" i watch her hand as it lands on my thigh and my eyes widen. she smiles at me. "i mean, only if you want." her hand creeps up slowly, almost at my lower region that is off limits to everyone but lucy.

"aubrey you don't understand-"

"what don't i understand?" she pouts, her hand now gripping on my thigh. "we're both here right now. and i like you, dakota." she states, leaning in slowly as my heart starts pounding.

when her lips are about to touch mine, my cowardly self finally speaks up. "girlfriend." i breath out, making her stop and freeze. she opens her eyes that were once closed and backs away just a little so her eyes can focus on me.

"what?" she asks, her face becoming red as a tomato. i look down and reach for her hand, taking it off and away from my thighs.

"i have a girlfriend." i say fully, watching her eyes widen in horror.

"oh my gosh." she stands up. she covers her mouth with her hand. "oh m-my gosh, i am so sorry." she apologizes, shaking her head at me.

"i should of told you before." i say. she moves her hand to her forehead and sits on her bed, staring off into space.

"that's who you've been with while you're here, huh?" she asks, looking over at me again. i just nod, glancing away from her. she groans, hitting herself lightly on her head repeatedly. "i apologize, i didn't know. i just..you're very pretty and sweet and..let me shut up." she coughs, making me laugh a little.

"well thank you. it's okay, you didn't know. her name is lucy, she's down in the hall with a girl named jade." i tell her. she lets out a 'hah' and leans back against the wall.

"that witch. yikes, i feel sorry for her." she says.

"i know, me too. that girl is definitely something." i say back. she just looks at me, not responding with anything. the room is silent for a moment, i think of lucy at that party. i hope she's okay.

"i'm also sorry if i sounded like i would only do your essays if we, ya know..i'm not like that. i like you." she says, shaking her head again. "i hope this doesn't make anything awkward i would never get in the way of you and your girlfriend." she puts her hands up a little.

"stop apologizing." i say to her. she sighs and nods, looking forward towards the closet. i didn't know aubrey was..well not straight. she never talked about boys but then again we never really talked like that.

"where is lucy now? her room?" aubrey asks, gaining my attention again.

"no, at some party with jade." i shrug, picking up my phone. i see a text from kenzie that said she was going to sleep so i send her a quick text back saying goodnight. nothing from lucy.

"party? oh, the one a few floors up?" she asks me.

"i guess so." i respond. she hums.

"why didn't you go?" she asks me. i scoff and almost laugh.

"parties are not my thing. and i had a lot to do tonight so." i tell her. she nods, understanding.

"parties are only my thing if i'm in the mood." she says, smirking at me a little. "if you know what i mean." she fiddles with her fingers on her lap. i raise an eyebrow, looking her up and down.

"why didn't you go tonight? you seemed pretty in the mood to me." i tell her, watching her face get red. she turns her face away from and forces out a laugh.