chapter 4

lucy's p.o.v

after dakota and i got out starbucks drinks, we walked back to our dorm rooms slowly while we chatted. when we made it to my room first since it's before hers, she handed me her drink.

"try this." she says, smiling cutely. i take it from her and take a sip, my eyes widening at the unbelievable taste.

"woah!" i shout, covering my mouth with my hand. i didn't mean to be that loud, oops. she laughs, taking it back from my hand. "what is that?"

"it's the pink drink. it's good right?" she asks, taking a sip herself. i scoff and shake my head playfully.

"oh i'm sorry, could you not tell from my reaction?" i raise an eyebrow, watching her scrunch her nose at me.

"fine, if you're going to be like that then you can't get another sip." she waves her drink in the air, taunting me. i pout and reach for her drink quickly, snatching it out of her hands.

"okay fine i'm sorry, forgive me while i enjoy your drink." i take a sip and hum in satisfaction. i watch as she takes my drink out of my hand, taking a sip. she makes a weird face, shaking her head.

"mocha is gross." she gags, putting her cup back in my hand. i roll my eyes, handing her drink back. good thing she didn't get it then.

"i'll text you before i go to sleep, see you tomorrow for class." i tell her, leaning in to peck her lips. she kisses back gently, her teeth biting down on my lip as i pull away.

"see you tomorrow beautiful." she says before walking down the hall to her room.

"you're stunning." i say back, watching as she turns around with flushed cheeks. i giggle, turning to unlock my door.

i push the light door open, noticing my roommate, jade, sitting on her bed on her phone. she doesn't even glance my way as i look her, seeing if she will notice me. i clear my throat, walking over to put my drink on the side table. i sit in my bed, looking at her.

she seemed to notice my intense stare on her as she looks up from her phone and over at me. "what?" she barks at me, causing me to shrug.

"nothing." i reply, throwing my key on the side table as well. she scoffs and goes back to her phone, going into her own world. "what's your problem with me?"

"oh my gosh, i can't do this." she swiftly gets up from her bed, placing her phone in her pocket and walking towards the door. since my bed is closer, i quickly stand up and stand in front of the door, blocking her path.

she almost collides with me, stopping in her tracks and giving me a look that says 'move or i'll kill you'.

"get out of my way." she raises her lip, giving me attitude. i sigh, shaking my head.

"what's wrong? did i do something? we are roommates for this year, and a year is a long time." i say to her, causing her to step back.

"it's none of your business." she spits harshly. i wonder if she knows that i can see right through her and i've only known her for less than a day. she's hurting, but she's covering it up with a bitch attitude.

"it is when you're being a complete bitch to me." i cross my arms, staring back at her with a mean look. she squints her eyes at me.

"oh be quiet lucy, like you're so fucking perfect." she says, making me tilt my head. is she serious right now?

"you don't even know me." i say meanly. she doesn't say anything. she just tries to maneuver around me to get to the door, but i block her path in every way possible.