chapter 31

(i realized that lucy gave dakota the ring back on a chain and jade took the ring so let's
pretend jade just has the ring the chain is chillin, thanks hehe!)
ALSO!!!! please read chapter 30 to remember what happened since its been so damn long (sorry about that btw :(!)

lucy's p.o.v

"i'll get the same thing she's getting." dakota points at me to tell the the waitress as the four of us sit at the little campus diner for breakfast. the waitress smiles and nods, walking away from the table with our orders. yes, i said four of us.

aubrey has also been included in this breakfast.

jade and i are sitting next to each other as dakota and aubrey are sitting across from us. of course i'm across from dakota and jade is across from aubrey.

this should be interesting.

"so i cant believe christmas is right around the corner." dakota breaks the silence and successfully makes a conversation starter. i smile at her.

"i know. it feels like we just got here." i say to her. she nods, leaning her head back to put her hair in a ponytail. i look at her in awe, but i can't help but notice she doesn't have the chain around her neck to which the promise ring i gave her connected to. i try to glance at her hand and i see no ring on any fingers. maybe she forgot to put it on the morning when she woke up. or she didn't want to get food on it.

"i don't know about you guys but i cannot wait to get away from here for a week." aubrey joins the conversation, talking about our christmas break we get.

"you can say that again." dakota says and nods. she takes a sip of her water and glances up at me. i wink at her and her face turns red. she looks away from me and tries to think of something to say quickly.

i glance over at jade, who's just lost in space. i nudge her and she jumps a little. she gives me a small smile and turns away. she's the one who wanted to come for this breakfast and now she's not saying one word.

"what are you doing for break?" dakota asks aubrey. aubrey thinks for a moment and answers.

"i'm going to new york city with my family to see the tree in rockefeller center. other than that, probably just going to enjoy the freedom and relax." she answers dakota. dakota's eyes widen.

"oh my gosh i love new york city. it's beautiful. you have to send me pictures!" she smiles at aubrey.

"of course i will." aubrey agrees. "what are you doing?" she asks back.

dakota glances at me and gives me a warm smile. then she turns back to aubrey. "i'm spending christmas break with my amazing girlfriend and best friend kenzie. we're going to watch christmas movies and eat a bunch of junk food. i hope to have some cuddle sessions with lucy." she blushes as she looks at me again. i smile, almost forgetting what it's not going to just be the three of us. aubrey puffs out her bottom lip.

"you guys are too cute." she shakes her head. "it's gross." she laughs. dakota and i join, our smiles filling the table. jade, not so much.

dakota then looks over at jade, opening her mouth to speak. "jade, what are you doing for break? anything exciting?" ..my heart stops.

jade looks over at me, not saying a word. i look at dakota who is just looking at jade, confused on why she isnt answering. dakota then looks at me.

"i'm um.." jade is lost for words. i know she doesn't want to tell dakota that she's staying with us because she knows even i didn't tell dakota that yet.

"what?" dakota furrows her eyebrows. shit.

"baby i hope you don't mind but i invited jade to spend christmas with us." i say quickly to my girlfriend. her face slowly drops, her head tilting a bit like a confused dog. the whole table just got awkward so fast. aubreys mouth opens wide for a second.