6

Frank's POV:

Mikey and I were sat on the couch watching some Christmas movie when Gerard came into the room. He had been in his room since I got here and it honestly seemed like he was avoiding me for some reason.

"Wanna join us?" I asked, I had started to get a bit less awkward around him, I think my crush might've been dying down, especially with the way he'd been acting lately.

"No," he sounded frustrated for some reason.

"Jeez Gee, no need to snap," Mikey said with a frown.

"Sorry, I," he just sighed and left the room. That was weird.

We watched the rest of the movie and then I went home, Christmas Eve was only four days away.

"Frankie," my mom called from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I shouted back, getting up from my place on my bed. I set my guitar down and ran downstairs to see what she needed.

"Is Mikey coming over today?" She asked, he wasn't, at least, not as far as I knew. I shook my head and she gave me a soft smile.

"I have some news Frank," she sat down at the table and I sat across from her, confused and slightly concerned about this conversation. What could possibly have happened. I looked at her expectantly for an answer.

"I have someone coming over later today, I want you to meet him," she started. I think I knew where this was going.

"Who is it?" I asked a bit too defensively. She and my dad had separated a few years ago, and I honestly didn't think she was going to start dating again, ever.

"His name is Mark, he's very nice. He works with me and he and I have been going out for a couple week-"

"A couple weeks?!" I shouted, I felt betrayed that she hadn't even bothered to tell me about this guy.

"Frank, calm down," she said, her volume remaining unchanged.

"Mom! You're just bringing this random dude into our home?! I don't even-" I stumbled over my words, feeling a mix of emotions. I didn't want to meet this guy. I knew she and my dad were never getting back together, but that didn't mean I was open to the idea of her bringing home some new guy.

"I'm going to Mikey's," I stormed out of the house without another word, I would just stay over at Mikey's.

I knocked on the door to Mikey's and someone shouted 'just a minute' from inside the house. The door opened and I started talking before I could even see who it was.

"Mikey, oh my god, I can't believe my mom.. she's.." I stopped, looking up and seeing that Mikey wasn't the one who had answered the door.

"Mikey isn't here," Gerard said flatly. He seemed like he was in a bad mood.

"Oh, sorry, uh-" I felt like he was mad at me for some reason, "do you know when he'll be back?"

"No, sorry," he shut the door in my face and I just stood there for a moment, stunned and frozen. Why was he being such a dick all of a sudden?

"O..kay.." I said to myself before turning around and leaving the doorway.

I didn't want to go home, Mikey wasn't at his house, I didn't know where to go. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my contacts, I really didn't have many friends, Mikey was basically the only person I really hung out with outside of school.

My eyes stopped when I saw Pete's name. He had been nice to me at school and I'd had fun at winter formal with his friends and him. I clicked on his contact information and sent him a text asking if he wanted to hang out. He responded surprisingly quick with a yes and sent his address to me.