10

Frank's POV:

Christmas Eve. I never really liked Christmas to be honest. Halloween was my favorite holiday, but I guess I was kinda bias because it's also my birthday. Christmas sucked though. I hated it.

The reason I never liked Christmas was because it meant that my parents were going to bicker about who got to see me and when. This year would probably be even worse now that Mark was around, that'd just give my dad more fuel to argue. I didn't wish they were still together, because they really needed to separate when they did, but I wished I could at least see both of them for the holidays. This was supposed to be a time of year for family, but mine seemed to be so broken. I would always look at Mikey's parents and secretly envy him for their loving relationship. They cared about each other, and he got to spend time with both of them on the holidays. Some people really take for granted how lucky they are to have two parents who love them.

"No no no Frank, you got him for Thanksgiving so I'm keeping him with me for Christmas," even though some people did the whole 'divorced parents means two Christmases' thing, that was never our style. They always just fought on the holidays.

"You know what, no, I will not be doing that," my mother snapped to her cellphone. I was sitting on the stairs listening in. She was too far away for me to hear my dads side of the conversation— or more-so argument, but I got the gist of it from her end.

"Fine, if you really want to see him then get off your lazy ass and come see him!" I hated how they talked to each other. This was one of their most common disagreements; transportation. I longed for the day when I could drive myself to and from their houses and there were no more arguments about distance.

"Goodbye Frank," my mom said firmly before slamming the phone back onto the wall. I sighed, putting my head between my knees. Why couldn't things just be simple?

Gerard's POV:

I loved Christmas. It was definitely my favorite holiday, and today was Christmas Eve. My parents and brother had gotten the Christmas tree before I came home (in their defense they didn't know I was coming). Our Christmas Eve ritual was simple; make cookies together, sit around the Christmas tree and exchange gifts, and then go to the huge Christmas party at my mom's sisters house. She had an enormous house out in the country in New York, it was only a 30 minute drive, and it was definitely worth it. She threw the best parties.

"Mikey! Gerard!" My mom beckoned us from our rooms, "Get next to the tree, I want to take a picture of my boys."

I stood next to Mikey and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. She snapped a picture and I pulled my arm to put him in a headlock.

"Hey!" He shouted, struggling against my hold.

He dropped his weight down and pulled me to the floor with him, laughing as we fell into a heap. My mom just stood there, taking pictures. We obviously weren't actually fighting, no, we didn't get physical when we really fought, only friendly wrestling.

"Ah!" I shrieked as Mikey sat on top of me, pinning my arm behind my back.

"Hey! Let me go! Mom, get him off me!" She just laughed and I rolled my eyes. She always just took pictures when we did this, never intervening. Rude.

"Boys! Donna! The cookies are done," my dad called us into the kitchen and Mikey released me from underneath him, I punched him lightly in the shoulder as we went to the kitchen to make cookies. Things were good, Christmas was good.

"Hey mom, can I bring Frank to aunt Marie's?" Mikey asked causing me to look up.

"Doesn't he have things to do with his family?" My mom asked, I just listened to them talk.

"Yeah.. but his parents are driving him crazy and his mom just got a new boyfriend so he needs a break," Mikey explained. It sounded like the holidays weren't as enjoyable for Frank as they were for us. It kind of put things into perspective knowing that his parents were divorced and he and his mom didn't have as much money as us, we were really lucky to have each other at this time of the year.

"Sure, sweetie," my mom nodded, giving him a concerned smile.

"Okay, he'll be here at 6," suddenly I realized what that meant.

Frank would be going to this party with us, and even though there were plenty of adults there and it was mostly family there were always crazy things happening, and us kids always found a way to sneak some alcohol into our systems. Even Mikey had managed to get drunk a couple times at those parties, and he was the goodie goodie of the family.

Maybe Frank and I could sneak away from the party and... I stopped myself from finishing that thought. What had gotten into me? I took a breath to clear my mind, but I couldn't get him out of it. I kept my thoughts PG though, and my mind wandered to our kiss. The second one, more specifically.

His lips had been so soft, they so perfectly fit in mine. He seemed a bit inexperienced, or maybe just out of practice, I didn't know his kissing history; that didn't bother me though. I had initiated the tongue, a bold move considering I was trying to keep myself away from him, but he let me. I hoped he wanted to do it as much as I had, I didn't want to be pressuring him or taking advantage of him. I frowned, wondering if I had already taken advantage of him. Then I remembered that he kissed me first, he confessed that he liked me first, so I definitely wasn't forcing him to do anything. The thought calmed me a bit and I was pulled out of my head by Mikey.

"Right Gerard?" He asked, his eyes gleaming and a smile plastered across his face. I had no clue what he was asking so I just muttered an 'uh huh' and nodded cautiously. After that, I left and spent the rest of the time until Frank arrived mindlessly sketching in my room.

"Frank's here!" Mikey called out, I stood up, fast enough that if anyone had seen me they would know I was 100% excited to see Frank.

We piled into the car, we were taking my moms SUV so there was plenty of room for the five of us. Mikey and Frank sat in the back and I sat in the middle seat. I silently wished that Frank would've sat next to me, but I knew that was only a pipe dream; at least, with the option of sitting next to my brother. The ride was quiet, the only sound being the narrator of an audiobook my mom had put in the CD player. I zoned out staring at the window, daydreaming about none other than Frank. Oh god.. I was starting to like him a lot more than I anticipated. I partially blamed Ray for convincing me to admit my feelings, but truth be told this was all on me. I was getting in too deep. 

PLEASE READ:

So.. I'm pretty far ahead schedule with this story and I was thinking about how it's going to end, but I was wondering what you guy's might like when it comes to the ending: 

I can either make this story a bit longer than anticipated, or I can try and write a sequel. Let me know your thoughts! <3

Vote here by commenting on the one you want:

LONGER

SEQUEL