21

* Edited this chapter to fix some mild errors on my part 

"Mark!" A woman with strawberry blonde hair and a bright smile shouted from the house. She began running towards us and Mark opened up his arms as she flew into them.

"You act like we haven't seen each other in years," He laughed, "It's only been a little over a month."

"That's too long. You need to come over more often," Me and my mom just stood there awkwardly, waiting for a cue to do anything.

"You must be the beautiful Linda that I've been hearing so much ab—"

"Yep! Yes," Mark jumped in before she could continue, "Yes this is Linda, and this is her son, Frank."

A light rose color crept onto my mom's cheeks at the comment.

"And you must be Anne," My mom said at last with a smile.

"Yep! That's me," She then pulled me and my mom into a tight hug as well. It was kinda uncomfortable, but it seemed like she was just a very touchy person.

"I'm so glad you guys were able to make it, everyone else won't arrive for at least another hour, but that'll give us some time to get acquainted beforehand," She walked back towards the door and we followed her into the house.

--

By 9 o'clock the house was full of friends and family of Anne's, and I had managed to escape to the bathroom to hide for a while. I didn't really like parties all that much. I was sitting on the ground in the bathroom, my phone in my hand and headphones in my ears when I was stunned by the door opening. I jumped up to my feet and ended up face to face with someone familiar.

"Pete?" I looked at him in surprise.

"Frank?" He looked just as surprised. What was it with parties and running into people from school? First Alex and now this? I guess it really is a small world.

"What are you doing here?" I looked him up and down. He actually looked really nice, he was wearing nice dress pants and a button up shirt, and he had gotten a haircut that suited his face nicely.

"You mean the bathroom or the party?" I said sarcastically, he laughed.

"I live down the street, this is my neighbors house. I don't think there are many other kids our age here... wanna hang out?" I thought about it for a second and nodded. Mikey wasn't here to keep me company; I was kind of avoiding him since he and Gerard were a package deal.

Pete and I went out into the yard and sat in a corner around the back, out of view from everyone else at the party. The main reason was that Pete wanted to smoke, and if either of our parent's caught us we'd be dead on the spot. He lit a cigarette and we passed it between the two of us, taking in the smoke. The effects of the cigarette came fast enough and we were both relaxed and contented.

"So, where's Mikey tonight?" I shrugged, it was a fair question, we were usually together.

"Dunno, probably at home," I took another drag of the cigarette, "Where's Patrick?"

He looked upset for a split second, "We.. um.. we're taking a break right now," damn, was every relationship dying this week? What's next? Mikey and Kristin breaking up?

"Oh, I'm sorry, that sucks," I passed it back to him and he put it to his lips.

"Yeah, it's whatever, he.. he just.. ugh I don't wanna talk about it."

"We don't have to talk about it then," he smiled, and I don't know if it was the fact that I was buzzed or if I was thinking clearly, but he looked really cute when he smiled.