45

Frank's POV:

I was woken up by a voice across the house— not just any voice, though, it was my dad's. My immediate response was joy, I loved him and I loved when he was around, but that joy was immediately replaced with confusion and shock. He never came to my mom's house. He wouldn't even come to pick me up to go stay with him for a few nights, let alone be here to talk to my mother. I sat up quickly and pressed my ear to the wall to hear their conversation.

"You're sure about this? It's a big change—"

"Linda, you aren't his only parent. I have the ability to be a responsible adult and help my son branch out. Moving will be good for him," He said.

"Okay, I guess... I'm just worried," She said back. Their voices were hushed now and I could barely make out the rest of the conversation. I stood up, pushing myself off the bed and went to the stairs so I could hear better.

"He's going to be 18 next year, he needs to learn to be independent— to be a man."

"Being 18 doesn't change the fact that he's still a child! Think about that, it's just so far..."

"And you really think him staying here is a good idea? You've already let him get beat up bad enough to need stitches! What do you think will happen next?"

"Why don't we ask him ourselves?"

I heard footsteps and leapt to my feet, rushing to my room and throwing myself under the blankets.

"Frank, wake up, I know it's late," I sat up, pretending to have just woken.

"We need to talk to you," my dad interjected, I looked from him to my mom.

"I don't think that you going to live in Chicago is the best idea right now," She started, "With everything that happened yesterday, the crash, you head..."

"What? No! No, I'm fine mom. I promise, it's not even that bad," Moving to Chicago was something I'd been looking forward to for months. Not only would it mean I got to live with my dad who I hadn't seen for the longest time, but it meant I'd be closer to Gerard.

"Please, please mom," I begged.

"Frank, I think your mother is right... hearing about what happened I think it's best you stay here, at least until you're fully healed," WHAT? Since when did he ever agree with my mom on anything?? Why was now the one time they decided to take the same side? And why did it have the be the one that was completely against me?

"No! I don't want to, look— I'm fine. Theres no reason I should have to stay here— I-"

"Frank. Theres no point to arguing, your mother and I have made up our minds."

No no no no no! This couldn't be happening. I wouldn't let it. I jumped up from the bed and marched out of the room.

"Frank come on, let's talk about—"

"No! Fuck you! I don't want to talk to you about anything. I'm—" I blinked back tears, "I'm going to Mikey's."

"Oh NO you don't!" My mom called, "I already told you I don't want you around him right now."

"Frank, it's almost midnight! Come back here," My dad rushed after me, but my mind was made up. If they got to make up their minds about it, then I'd do the same.

I slammed the door behind me, storming out of the house. This wasn't fair at all. Why did they get to decide this without even asking me first?

I didn't go to Mikey's, instead I went to Pete's. I made my way to his house, which was only a couple blocks further than Mikey's. The distance didn't bother me since I was completely fueled on adrenaline. I couldn't go to Mikey's because I hadn't yet told him about Patrick and my knowledge about him and Pete, and I thought that maybe Pete could do some explaining and fill me in on whatever was really going on.