46

Gerard's POV:

I couldn't sleep. Frank was resting peacefully in my arms, and I couldn't get the thought out of my head; he had said he loved me back.

I wanted so badly for it to be true, the words sounded so natural coming from his mouth. I smiled to myself, resting my eyes for a split second and the next thing I knew I was waking up to an empty bed. I felt around and when Frank was nowhere to be found I sleepily got up and left the room in search of him.

"Good morning, Gerard," My mom greeted me sweetly in the kitchen. She must've just gotten up too because she was wearing a robe over her pajamas.

"Hey, have you seen Frank?" I asked, looking around. She shook her head.

"No, I thought Mikey was going over to his house last night, did they end up crashing here?" I shook my head. I hadn't heard Mikey say anything about that.

"No uh, never mind," I said, grabbing an apple from the counter and returning to my room. I shot a text to Frank inquiring him about his location.

Hi

where are you?

I went home, my mom's pissed at me for leaving last night

I frowned at the message. I didn't know exactly what had happened last night, just that he came to me upset and stayed over.

are you okay?

I asked.

not really, its fine though..

are you busy rn?

no

do you want to come over? I need help packing.

packing?

Yeah, I'm still moving :))

Really???

OMg im so excited, I'll be right over

--

Frank's POV:

My parents had most definitely had not changed their minds about me moving to Chicago. I was going to go, though, no matter what. I had already been planning on going to college out of state, and being that I'd recently received a letter of acceptance from The University of Illinois at Chicago, nothing was stopping me from going. I had applied for several scholarships and received a number of them for my academics so the cost was less of an issue for my parents and I.

"Frank," My mom opened my door, throwing me from my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, not trying to hide the annoyance in my voice.

"I'm sorry about last night, but I think you need to understand where your father and I are coming from," She sighed, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Gerard's coming over."

"Tell him that he can't right now. This is clearly something we need to talk about since it's upsetting you," I shook my head.

"No. I'm fine," I then leaned back against the headboard of my bed and closed my eyes.

She sighed, leaving my room. I lied there on my bed until I heard the doorbell ring.

--

After about an hour of sorting my clothes into three piles; keep at home, take with me, and get rid of, we decided to take a break and eat lunch.

"So Gerard, when are you leaving?" My mom asked as she walked into the kitchen. We were eating sandwiches at the table.

"In a week, I heard that Frank is moving in with his dad," My jaw dropped, I was about to get caught in a huge lie.