16

Alex went home after the chaotic breakup with Tay. I wondered what would happen between him and Jack, maybe they'd get together, maybe it was just a one time thing.

Mikey and I were up in his room, he was reading a book lying down on his bed and I was laying upside down, my legs and torso on the bed and my head hanging down. I was just thinking, and for some reason I decided that the best way to do that was to hang upside down like a bat.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" Mikey asked, I swear he can read my mind sometimes.

"Dunno," I lied, I was thinking about Gerard. I didn't think I was ready to admit that I wanted whatever was going on with him to be more. Sure the kissing was nice, but I wanted to have him all to myself, I didn't want to be just another guy to add to his body count.

"You're thinking about something," Mikey noted, flipping the page in his book.

"Yeah," I breathed, letting gravity pull my head closer to the ground until my back was arched in an uncomfortable position and I thudded on the floor. Ow.

"You good?" Mikey asked, not looking up from his book. I shrugged from my new place on the floor, now just my legs were on the bed, the rest of me was lying on the floor.

"What happened?" He closed his book and grabbed my arm, forcefully pulling me back onto the bed. I groaned and tried to lay back down but he was stronger than me so he dragged me onto the bed and sat with his face hovering over me. If it had been anyone else, you might've thought we were about to kiss, but since it was Mikey and I, just.. no.

"What's wrong?" He said, a little stronger this time.

"It's just... my parents, things have been," I sighed, "I don't know, it's stupid."

"Nothing you feel is ever stupid, you take that back Frank iero," he said, playfully hitting my shoulder.

"Okay fine, fine," I laughed lightly but on the inside I felt like I was going to explode.

"Now my mom has another restraining order against my dad and it's fucking with my head. She constantly has Mark over and that's just... you know. I don't know what to do, I'm-" I stopped, sighing helplessly.

"You can stay here for a couple nights?" He phrased it as a question.

I smiled softly before quickly shoving him down onto the bed with my hands on his stomach.

"Hey!" He cried, laughing and pushing me back. I pinned him in place with my elbow and we stayed there, just laughing our asses off for no reason.

"I'm gonna go home and get some clothes and tell my mom I'm sleeping over," I said, releasing Mikey from my grasp.

"Alright, don't be too long," he said before returning to his book.

When I went downstairs my eyes met Gerard's and I froze in place. The last time I'd seen him I was lying with my head on his lap. Which made things even weirder between us— at least, I thought it did. I didn't know if he wanted us to be more than friends, or even more than acquaintances.

"I'm uh, I'm going home to get some clothes, I'm sleeping over," I don't know why I was explaining myself to him, why would he even care what I did?

"I'll drive you," he said. My house was only a couple blocks away, but it wasn't a question. He was going to drive me.

"I think we need to talk about... us," Gerard said when we got to my house. He came up to my room with me to help me find clothes. It made me feel.. special that he wanted to be around me.

"What's there to talk about?" I played dumb. I didn't want to come off as rude, but I'd much rather that than sound desperate.

"Frank, we've made out like three times," he said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world, and it kinda was.

"Yeah, don't you make out with guys all the time though?" It wasn't meant to sound bitter, but after it had left my mouth I regretted saying that at all.

"I-" he sighed, taking a seat in my desk chair. I pulled a couple t shirts from my closet and put them into my backpack.

"Are you staying over for more than one night?" I nodded.

"Frank, what do you want this to be?" I froze. I didn't know, I seriously had no idea what I wanted this to be. I hadn't really dated before so I had zero experience. He had probably dated so many guys that I would just be a pathetic excuse of a boyfr- I didn't finish that thought. I was taking it too far already. Jesus Christ.

"What do you want it to be?" My voice sounded fake, it didn't sound like it came from my mouth. Like I was on one side of a wall and my mouth was talking without my control on the opposite.

"I really like you Frank," his voice was hushed even though there was no one in the house but us.

"Me too," I blurted without thinking. I don't know why I was so nervous about what I was saying. He was literally saying the same thing to me.

"So, if I were," he cleared his throat, "theoretically, if I were to ask you to go on a... date?" He said the last word as though it were a question, "What would you say?"

Internally I was screaming. Fireworks were bursting and confetti was sprinkling around me. I felt dizzy with joy and my heart leapt into my throat. On the inside I had the biggest grin possible across my face, literally ear to ear. Internally there was a brilliant fire igniting, the warmth quickly spreading throughout my whole body and to my limbs. But that was just internally, of course.

Being the awkward fuck I was, in reality I just stood there, my mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. Nothing came out, no words, no sounds, I think I was going into shock or something because this could not have been a normal reaction.

"Theoretically?" I squeaked at last.

"Um, I mean, do you.. do you want to go on a date?" He was looking anywhere but me. I guess we were both awkward fucks.

"Yeah," I said, smiling shyly at him.

His eyes met mine with a gleam and he smiled too, this was really happening oh my god—

"Wait- fuck," In my joy I had forgotten one very important detail.

"What is it?" He asked, furrowing his brow.

"Mikey, I can't— he," I stumbled over my words, "He doesn't want us to do this. We can't," he shook his head.

"What Mikey doesn't know won't hurt him," He had a devilish gleam in his eyes. What were we about to get ourselves into?

Huehehuehe let's end it there ;)

Ik these chapters have been getting shorter, but hopefully they're still a decent length <3

Lmk if they are/aren't and I'll try and change it up :)

Vote and comment so I know if you're enjoying this story! Or leave feedback on how I can improve :) I love constructive criticism

Dis lowkey random but I'll take it lmfao