47

It was a couple days after I had finally come to terms with not moving before the end of summer. I looked out the window and was delighted to see Gerard's car parked outside of my house. I skipped down the stairs not bothering to look through the peep hole before opening the front door. 

"Hey," It wasn't Gerard. Mikey stood before me, looking away and awkwardly running a hand through his hair. 

"Mikey," I said softly, wondering what he was doing here, "What's up?"

"I need to talk to you," He said, his voice breaking halfway through the phrase. 

"Okay, come in," I said, widening the doorway and gesturing for him to enter. We went up to my room and he started to explain himself.

"Frank, I'm so sorry," He started, "I should never have called you that.. that word, and I shouldn't have been such a stuck up dick." 

I nodded in agreement but didn't interrupt as he continued, "There are a couple of things I've been thinking about, one of them being what you said to me. You said you thought that maybe I liked Pete as more than a friend-- Maybe I even like liked him, and um... I think you might be right," A tear slowly trickled down his cheek.

"I was just so scared of what everyone would think of me, especially my parents.. I don't want to disappoint them. Anyways, I don't think I'm gay because um.. well uh, because I really did love Kristin. But I got really high the other day and went over to Pete's. I ended up kissing him and it just felt so right," He sighed. My hand had ventured to rest on his knee, rubbing circles along his outer leg soothingly. 

"I liked the kiss, and I think I.. I think I like him," He confessed. 

"Yeah?" 

"Mhm," He hummed, he leaned close to me so his head was resting on my shoulder and I was gently massaging his back neck with my fingers. 

"I'm sorry for pressuring you to admit it," I said, he grunted an 'it's okay' under his breath. 

"I shouldn't have done that to you," I continued, "It was self centered and I won't do it again." 

"Thanks," He said, leaning back to look at me, "What happened to your face?" 

I caressed my cheek with my hand where Patrick had hit me, "Nothing."

"There's a huge bruise on your face, don't tell me that's nothing." 

"Okay.. um, you said you kissed Pete, right?" He nodded, "Well.. Patrick wasn't too happy about that and he beat me up pretty bad-"

"Oh my god! What!?" He cried as I finished explaining.

"So that's my fault?" He pointed to my cheek. 

"I dunno, did you punch me?" 

"Well, no.." He muttered.

"Then no, it is not your fault," I reassured him.

"Okay, good," He said, smiling sadly at me, "Thank you for being so amazing, Frank." 

I chuckled softly, looking down, "No, really, I'm serious. You've been such a good friend to me even when I was being a complete and total douche," I shrugged. 

"Frank, you need to give yourself more credit." 

"Hm," I shrugged again, "Now that we're back to normal, I have some very juicy tea to spill," I said, a sly smirk stretching across my face. 

"What is it?"

"Me and Gerard did-" I poked my index finger into a circle made with the opposite hand repeatedly to represent fucking.