S1 E8: Molting

Edited January 1, 2022

***

"Miguel? You're home early!" I smiled, excitedly, tackling my brother in a hug. 

"Chill, Mila," he laughed, hugging me back. 

"Sorry, I've just missed you. I feel like I never see you anymore," I shrugged, backing away and putting my hands in my back pockets. Miguel frowned. 

"I'm sorry. There's this competition coming up, and it's really important..." 

"The All Valley? Yeah, I know. I was thinking of entering," 

This is how I'd planned to break the news to my brother. He had to find out sooner or later. Maybe he'd be happy for me. 

"What? That's a karate competition, Camila. How would you--" Miguel grew angry. "Are you seriously doing karate at another dojo?" 

"Oh, come on, Miguel! You know I hate what Cobra Kai is doing to our friends. I'm lucky it hasn't changed you! Or, did it? Because I thought you'd be happy for me, like I was for you," I frowned, and Miguel sighed. 

"I'm sorry. Sensei had us up early... it's been a long day," he said. 

"Yeah. And for me, it's been a long couple of months. What happened to you, Miggy?" I asked him. He stayed silent. "I have to go. Mr. LaRusso's waiting for me," 

"So, you got to meet Sam's dad, and I can't?" Miguel sighed. 

"Well, he practically hates Mr. Lawrence, so..." I was cut off. 

"Yeah, and do you know why?" I shook my head. "Mr. LaRusso was a bully," Miguel said. "He bullied Sensei Lawrence," 

"I seriously doubt that, Miguel. I'm leaving. I was invited to Sam's for a sleepover. Also known as your girlfriend? The one who's father is apparently a 'bully?'" I scoffed. "I'll see you later," I left with a slam of the door. 

*

"You know it's bad enough that this monster is teaching kids. Now he's somehow convinced the All Valley Board to let Cobra Kai back in the tournament." Mr. LaRusso was saying to his mother. 

"Oh, that's horrible. They can't let them back." Mrs. LaRusso said. "Oh, they're nothing but a bunch of bullies," I stiffened, and looked over at Sam. She smiled softly at me. She hadn't told her dad that Miguel was in Cobra Kai...or that he was my brother. 

"They can't all be bullies, right?" Sam asked. 

"Trust me, sweetheart, you don't  know the half of it. Those Cobra jerks made my little boy's life miserable. Tell them, how they pushed you down that hill." Mrs. LaRusso replied. 

"They've already heard it, Ma," Mr. LaRusso said.

"I thought it was a cliff," Anthony added. 

"You want pasta salad?" Amanda asked Mrs. LaRusso and I. 

"Sure, thanks," I smiled. She scooped some onto my plate. 

"Oh, no, thank you. I-I-I don't like that prepackaged stuff from the store. It's..." Mrs. LaRusso shuddered. 

"Oh, well, I would've made some, but I got home late from the dealership," Amanda said, sitting beside Sam. 

"Oh no. That's okay. I get it. It's taught being a working mom, but at least you have a partner. Remember how I used to come home from work and then start cooking from scratch?" Mrs. LaRusso continued. Mr. LaRusso sighed, and smiled apologetically at his wife. 

"Yeah, Ma," he replied. 

"You know, that son of a bitch has a lot of nerve entering the tournament. Especially after everything he's done to you." Louie said. I knew it. "And you fixed his car for free. I don't know, man. I say we get the car back. You know, I could find out where he lives."