S3 E5: Miyagi-Do (RE-READ THIS :) )

Edited January 2, 2022
***

"Let's go, Speed Racer," Johnny Lawrence said as he walked up to my door, which I opened. "I'm gonna work those gimpy legs like a...Camila." he said when he noticed me. 

"Yeah, uh, he's not ready," I told him, chuckling as I looked over my shoulder at my brother, who was currently getting some kind of treatment that would magically make him walk again. "And please, tell me how do you work your legs like a Camila?" I joked.

"Ha-ha. Sorry, I thought you said 10:00 that you'd be alone." Johnny said to my brother.

"Sorry, my mom gets free physical therapy from work. And this was the only time Brayden was available." Miguel said.

"Mahalo," Brayden said.

"Be done soon if you wanna wait," Miguel told the man beside me.

"Well, as much as I want to wait, my boyfriend is currently sitting on my bed—so holler for us when you're ready to go," I said, smiling and running to my room.

"We're taking her?" Johnny said.

"Yes," Miguel told him. "I haven't seen her in weeks,"

"This place is small! I can hear you!" I shouted, before sitting beside my boy.

"Hi," I grinned.

"Hello, there," Vinnie placed his phone in his pocket, and brushed my hair from my face.

"Apparently Johnny is teaching Miggy how to walk again. It's a long shot, but I believe in Miguel. Wanna come with me?"

"Mhm," Vinnie said. My chin rested on his chest as I looked at him, and he looked down at me with a small smile.

"What?" I asked, blushing under his stare.

"I'm just so lucky," he whispered. "I love you, so much,"

My heart fluttered. It always did that when I was with Vinnie. I leaned forward to kiss his lips, which tasted like cherry lip balm.

Vinnie kissed back harder. I smiled against his lips. I felt so comfortable with Vinnie.

When I pulled away, I walked over to my desk to pull my hair into a ponytail, which made my shirt ride up, exposing my tattoo.

"You're so hot," Vinnie winked. I rolled my eyes, and kissed him a little more. His eyes trailed from my lips to the ground, and he furrowed his eyebrows, leaning over to pick something up. "Are these energy drinks?" he asked, holding the can, and reading the label.

"Uh..they help me study?" I attempted an excuse, but my boyfriend wasn't buying it.

"You hate these. They trigger your anxiety," Vinnie sighed. "Camila, what's going on?"

I stared into his eyes as they were laced with concern and disappointment. I looked down at my hands. "I don't want to sleep,"

"What?" Vinnie asked.

"Whenever I fall asleep, I see it all over again." I admitted.

"Camila," Vinnie put the can in the small bin beside my bed. "You're telling me your haven't had a normal night of sleep in nearly a month?"

"I just...I can't relive it," I said, quietly. "I'm so tired," I cried. "But if being tired means I don't have those dreams, then i'll never sleep again if I have to,"

"You have to sleep. You're going to get yourself sick!" Vinnie told me. "...What if you stayed with me?"

"Really?" I asked, surprised.