Chapter Thirty-Two

Rex stood before the Kaminoan who he recognized as the one they called Nala Se. She was the chief medical scientist on Kamino. None of the clones really liked her. There was always something off about her, giving them an eerie feeling. Now he was alone with her.

" CT-7567, also known as Captain Rex of the 501st legion, am I correct?" her gaze examining his face.

" Yes ma'am." he didn't know what else to say, so they were left in another awkward silence.

" Sit, while we discuss your problem." she pointed to the medical table. Rex did as she said and sat down.

" Now, according to these files and after examining the information, it seems that your inhibitor chip is malfunctioning."

Rex swallowed hard. That's what it was, an inhibitor chip. He was starting to recall everything that Krell was saying during the operation. How he would have control over him. How he would no longer be able to think for himself. 

" Here it says that on a mission you were captured by Jedi General Krell. He messed with the chip, didn't he." 

" I don't know what he did exactly, but yes I assume he did tamper with it. That is the reason for these outburst, right?" Rex could tell that something bad was about to happen.

" Tell me, have you told anyone else of this?"

Rex shook his head even though he had mentioned it to Ahsoka and his General that he believed it to be Krell's doing. Other than her only Kix and possibly Coric knew the side effects and what it made him do.

" Unfortunately, I can't have you telling anybody about this. We need to fix the chip immediately. You know too much." 

Nala carefully picked up a syringe.

Rex stood up and backed into the corner, which he knew was a mistake the moment he did, now not being able to move.  "  Know too much? You mean this chip is supposed to make me want to kill the Jedi!?"

 " Hold still CT-7567." she said blocking him from escaping.

" NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" but there was nowhere for him to go. Rex felt the needle poke the side of his neck. He swung his bound hands at the Kaminoan in an attempt to get around her, but whatever she injected him with was taking over swiftly. He stumbled to the table and held onto it. The room was spinning and he was having a hard time staying upright.

" What did you do to me!" 

" Don't worry you won't remember any of this once we restore you." that was the last thing he heard her say before the world went dark.

Ahsoka sat outside the room with Kix. Coric was ordered to return to Coruscant so the 501st could have one medic.

Ahsoka suddenly felt cold. She jerked her head to the door. " Somethings wrong." 

Kix gave her a questioned look. " What do you mean?"

" I felt Rex. He was panicking and then nothing." Ahsoka stood in front of the door, pressing her montrals to the metal trying to pick up any dialogue. 

" Can we go in?"

" I don't know if that's a good idea..." Kix drifted off as if unsure of himself.

" Kix, I don't sense him anymore. Please, we have to go in." she pleaded.

Kix nodded and plugged in a code that opened the room. When they entered there was no one there. It hadn't looked like anyone had been there.

" Rex." Ahsoka breathed, feeling that her heart was going to break again. She had just gotten him back.

" I can't believe it. How is this possible." Kix exclaimed searching the room for any clues. The only thing he found was an empty syringe tube. " Oh no." he muttered as he sniffed the fumes recognizing the liquid that the long neck must have injected into the Captain.

" What." her voice quivered.

Kix showed her the syringe. " Rex is in a lot of danger." he said with a grave expression on his face.