Chapter Sixty-Seven

" Where are you?" the Togruta asked another, yet again empty cell.

Ahsoka had searched almost all the cells and each time hoping she would find her captain, she was disappointed when he wasn't there. She was beginning to think that maybe she was letting her feelings lead her astray. Perhaps she was too late, but something inside told her she was wrong. After all, she felt him through the force. She wasn't going to give up quite yet, besides there was still more ground to cover.

She slipped back out into the hallway and closed her eyes, trying to concentrate Rex's presence. She felt him again, which was enough to convince her that he was indeed there.

" I'm almost there Rex. Hang on." she activated one of her lightsabers and moved towards his direction.

     Rex sat silently with his back against the wall. He contemplated trying to escape again, but it would never work. He needed his hands free to accomplish coming anywhere close to taking on the commander. Cody stood near the door in a ready position. He stopped taunting Rex and cut off communicating with him as well. To Rex it felt like he never even knew Cody though they had so much history, but with the command of three words all of it was forgotten.

" Cody, I know I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until you listen. It's not you. It's not your fault. All I'm asking you to do is think. The Jedi would never betray us..even you should know that without a second thought. General Kenobi has always looked out for you and your men until the end. Codes, please fight it." Rex gave his pleas one last chance.

Cody couldn't help but flinch at his brother's words. He almost wanted to believe them, but the voice kept screaming, telling him that those were all lies. That was his old life. He was glad when his comm started beeping, he took the distraction quickly.

" Sir?" a younger voice, most likely a shiny address.

" What is it?"

" There's someone coming your way. Not one of us. I think it's Tano." he informed him.

" How do you know this?"

" I was passing down the hall to the hanger when I saw her and the sabers are green." the shiny reported back.

" Alright, you did the right thing by contacting me trooper" Cody turned his comm off and looked at Rex. " Well Rex'ol boy, time to send your cyar'ika to her doom." Cody grabbed the captain's jaig eyed helmet and set it down front and center on the metal bed.

" What are you doing?" Rex raised an eyebrow watching as his brother set his helmet in place.

" You'll see." was he got in response before getting roughly pulled up by the elbow and thrown into the corner.

There was a long period of time that neither one of them said anything...that was until cautious footsteps were heard from outside the cell.

" Rex?"

Rex's eyes widened. She was here, but that wasn't a good thing.

" A-" a gloved hand pressed against his lips, while the other kept him from making any big movements.

" Nice try." Cody whispered into his ear.

" Rex!?" the voice shouted again this time much louder.

     Ahsoka squinted into the dark cell. There was an odd shape on the bed, but it wasn't one she couldn't make out. It was a helmet. One she recognized instantly.

" Whoever's in there, I'm coming in!" she shouted angrily, not liking the fact that she was being toyed with.

" Ah-ka n!" came a muffled yell as she entered.