Chapter Twenty-Two

" Come on Master, we need to hurry. Rex is in danger. I'll go get the men and have them-"

" Whoa, Snips, calm down." Anakin gripped her arm leading her back to the chair.

" Calm down? Calm down! Rex is hurting more and more every moment we are sitting here and you're saying to calm down?!" Ahsoka raised her voice a bit louder than she meant. " Sorry, I just need to know that he's okay," she said, barely audible.

Anakin felt bad for her. She was going through a lot. He couldn't even fathom what it would be like if Padme was abducted by a rogue Jedi. Rex was one of his best friends and he couldn't help but feel guilty for what had happened and he was sure Ahsoka felt the same way, probably even worse.

" I know you want to find him, Snips. So do I and the rest of the men, but we can't go busting in without a plan."

" So, do you have a plan then?" she raised an eyebrow at her master.

Anakin thought for a second when an idea struck him, although he wasn't sure Ahsoka would like it.

     Rex stared back at the aggravated Besalisk. Krell did not take well to the clone's silence.

" You contacted your friends, didn't you?" he said slowly, advancing towards Rex.

" No, I didn't." Rex scooted back from him. Technically it was the truth, he hadn't gotten the chance to contact her yet. Krell obviously wouldn't believe him though.

Krell gripped his arm and dragged him back to the med bay. Rex grasped at his hand trying to pry it off. " Let go you aruetii!" he shouted, struggling to get free. He finally let go of his arm, but Rex was once again strapped to the chair.

" Now, where were we?"

     " I'll do it."

Anakin was surprised to say the least. " Are you sure Snips? Remember, you could see some things that you might not want to."

Ahsoka was determined however. If there was any way to save Rex, she would take it. " I'm ready. This could be our only chance."

" Alright, if you're positive. Close your eyes and concentrate. Focus on Rex. Can you see him? What's around you? Can you move? Can you see beyond that space?" Anakin fed her questions.

It took a while before she could see anything but darkness. She started to get a tad bit flustered.

" Breathe, Ahsoka," Anakin told her.

" I'm trying, I'm trying," Ahsoka huffed, " Wait, I see something. I see a room. It's white. I think it's a med bay."

Anakin watched as she started to go deeper into the force, " Good, now go into that room."

Ahsoka did as she was told. " I see him Master!" What she saw was horrible. He was almost in the same situation as last time, but somehow he was in worse shape. Krell was standing over him.

" Ahsoka, what do you see?"

" He's, he's there. Krell I mean, he's about to do something to him." Her words trembled coming out

" Ahsoka, I know this is hard, but now I need you to leave and go back to that beach you saw earlier."

Ahsoka was glad she didn't have to see Rex in that condition anymore. It made her heart ache that he was hurting and she couldn't do anything about it. She imagined herself back on the beach. It must have been the right place because she saw a ship not too far from the side. All around her were greenish blue murky waters and trees. One stood out in particular. It was tall and towered above all the rest.