Chapter Six

The march to the capital was treacherous. They had been walking for miles without stopping.

Jesse exchanged glances with a few of his brothers. He sighed and walked up to Rex.

" Rex, the men are getting tired. We've been walking for ages."

Rex didn't want to admit it, but he was worn out as well.

" I know Jess." he made his way up to Krell.

" General Krell, the ridge up here will make a fine place to set up camp for a while."

Krell stopped walking and turned to face the Captain.

" You will not rest until we reach the capital," he spat.

Rex tried to remain calm. " Sir, we've been keeping this pace for 12 hours. The terrain is hard as it is, but even at that we're making good time. The men just need a little break."

Krell waved one of his large fingers in his face.

" Ct-7567, I do not grant you a break. You are bred for war and nothing else."

Rex's blood was boiling. Not only did he insult him and his men, but all his brothers who died while serving the Republic. " It's Captain, sir. The troops require rest if we are to complete the mission with diligence," Rex explained more harshly then he intended.

Krell narrowed his eyes and with one swift pass of his hand, Rex felt the air get knocked out of him.

" I warned you Captain," he menacingly hissed.

" Let this be an example of what happens when you tell me how to lead," Krell said loudly so all the clones could hear. " I will not stand for this insubordination, now move forward!"

Fives pushed some of his brothers out of the way to check up on Rex.

He held a hand out to support him as he stood up.

" You alright?"

For once Rex was glad his helmet was on so Fives couldn't see his face.

" Lets just get moving," Rex redirected the question with a sheepish tone.

The only thing that kept him sane was the thought that Ahsoka would be waiting for him when they got back.

The rest of the walk, that was all he could think about. It warmed his heart and forced him to stay strong.

Krell brought himself out of Rex's mind.

So Skywalker's padawan is his weakness...