Chapter Sixty-Four

Anakin jumped down silently. He waited until the last trooper was far enough away to spot him before slipping back out of the hanger. He had to get to the brig and retrieve Rex and Jesse, which should have been the easy part, but it was unlikely that it would be that easy.

Maybe Ahsoka or Obi Wan could help... he thought of other solutions. If he made a wrong move then he could be putting his friends in danger. He was deep in thought, so when the sound of footsteps appeared from behind him his first impulse was to summon his saber.

"It's me, General!" a younger voice said from under a helmet with a single teardrop.

Anakin immediately retracted his weapon and gave a sorry look. "Sorry, Tup. I didn't know it was you."

" It's okay, with everything that's happening it's never bad to be sure," he commented. " So are we going to get Rex and Jesse back?"

"We will, but first we need to check in with the others." Anakin could sense the tenseness in the clone at his answer. " Don't worry, I'm sure they're okay. It would be foolish for any of your brothers to hurt them right now."

Tup gave a sharp nod. His vode would have to wait.

     Ahsoka waited stood alongside Kix as he tiredly removed more and more chips. She helped as well, but was slower than the medic.

"How many more?" Ahsoka looked at Fives.

"Ten and that's all from the mess," he responded back.

"Hear that Kix, almost done." She watched as Kix gave her a weak smile. His eyes were unfocused and his movements were that of a person who was zoning in and out.

Ahsoka worried for him. He needed a break, but every time she asked him to rest he would refuse.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine," he snapped, but she knew it was the stress talking. "Sorry 'mmander, j'st get the next...trooper..on the..." Kix's knees buckled from under him.

"Kix!" Ahsoka caught him just as he was about to hit the ground.

"What happened." Fives poked his head inside. He spotted Ahsoka on the floor with an unconscious Kix in her arms.

"He passed out from exhaustion," she said quietly, thinking as if she spoke any louder than it would wake him.

"Oh, I should've known he would do that again," the ARC mumbled.

Ahsoka carefully picked the medic up and placed him comfortably in a chair.

Fives dug under the cabinet and pulled out a blanket that was kept there. He gently placed it across Kix as he slept. "He's saved so many brothers today."

"That he has. We should probably get back to work. We don't know how long he'll be out for." Ahsoka went back to the medical table that had another clone waiting to be set free.

"Any word at all from General Skywalker or Kenobi?"

"Not yet, but I've been sending a groups of clones to the bridge where Master Kenobi is. Hopefully that made his job easier." She paused as she talked to a shiny who had woken up.

"I have a feeling that things are about to get better," Fives added confidently, handing the newer clone back his blaster.

"I wouldn't get too excited, Fives."

Ahsoka whipped around. " Master?"

"Hey Snips." Anakin bit the inside of his lip. He may as well just get it over with. "Ahsoka, Rex and Jesse have been captured."

Sorry it's late and short. I could literally think of nothing. Normally I think of the plot during school, but I've had so many tests this week and had a track thing today, but hey there was The Bad Batch! I woke up at 5 to watch it. I loved the building of the father/daughter relationship between Hunter and Omega. They are so precious 🥺💗 What do y'all think of it so far.

Happy Friday!

-Chopper457💙🧡🤍