A New Era: Chapter 4

The ship pulled out of hyperspace coming upon Ord Mantell. Rex smiled to himself. It would be good to see his brothers again. He missed being surrounded by them all day, even if they most times were a handful. The 501st was notorious for their shenanigans and of course, Rex was the one who was responsible for their actions, which led to many tiresome nights. Whether it be pranking other battalions or Anakin Skywalker, it did make good memories. Since the war ended and being separated from his brothers it's been...quiet. It wasn't something he was used to.

"Echo said that they'll meet us at the docking bay," Ahsoka said as she got up and slid a cloak over her outfit. It was a new normal for her. She couldn't risk anyone seeing her sabers. Though she wasn't actively fighting, she never went anywhere without her trusty lightsabers in case of an emergency.

Rex nodded, steering his way towards the docking bay and landing the ship.

"You excited?" Ahsoka looked over at Rex with a sweet smile. She didn't even really need to ask to know the answer.

"Yeah," Rex said back with more than a hint of excitement in his tone.

Ahsoka shook her head in amusement as she followed him off the small ship. It didn't take long before a pair of familiar faces came walking towards them.

"Go on. You've been waiting to see them." Ahsoka nudged Rex forward. She watched as he ran to his brothers, each giving one another a well needed hug before walking over to them.

"Good to see you, brother," Rex muffled into Fives' shoulder.

"It's been far too long, Rex." Fives patted the captain on the back. "Get in 'ere, Echo!" Fives pulled his fellow ARC into the embrace.

"Nice to have ya back, Cap," Echo greeted once they let go. "Thought you hated this place though?"

"Yeah," Rex chuckled, "Well only you two would decide to live on a scum planet like this."

"Hey, it's not all bad," Fives said in defense. "Where else do you expect to get the finest snack in the galaxy?"

"I've told you and Wrecker to stop spending all our credits on Mantell Mix," Echo scolded, bringing a hand to his face.

"He's got a point, Fives." Fives turned around, waving his hand at the Togruta.

"Always against me, huh, Commander?" He made a pouty face as Ahsoka came and stood next to Rex.

"Still a child I see," Ahsoka challenged but couldn't keep a straight face. "It's nice to see you both again." She smiled.

"Same to you, Commander." Echo looked down at his comm. "It's getting late, we should probably start heading back to the parlor."

"Parlor?" Rex questioned. "You don't live there do you?" He raised a suspicious eyebrow. He hoped they didn't. He knew it wasn't like 79's but still.

"Come on, Rex. You really think that lowly of us?" Fives asked, acting as if he was greatly offended. "We technically live on the Marauder, it's just Cid's is like a homebase, ya know?" Fives explained as they approached the bar.

The door slid open, revealing the green lit parlor. Cid didn't seem to be in at the moment so he opened himself to free drinks, pouring a glass for each of them.

"So, what have you guys been up to all this time?" Ahsoka asked, claiming a glass and taking a seat.

"Oh, not much," Echo responded while taking a seat next to her. "Other than taking on the Empire, it's been running jobs for Cid to make some credits." He took a swing at his drink before continuing. "You know how protective Hunter is, especially with Omega now. Though she's grown up some and I think he realizes that she doesn't need so much protection. Our next mission is breaking out some other clones that the effect of Order 66 had worn off on."